Thread: Sig Pics - suitable for work?

Legend

User Info Menu

Sig Pics - suitable for work?

I know, dollars to donuts, that one day I will not be quick enough with the mouse to scroll down to something less potentially offensive to some workmates than a few of the sigs here. Then I'll potentially be in trouble.

Anyone but me wish some of the sig pics were different, so that reading the Planet would be more "work-suitable"?

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Sig Pics - suitable for work?

I'm proud of my new one! Funny story is that a Pats* fan friend of mine from a DJ mb I go to made it for me!
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

There is a board option to turn off the display of sig files -- I have done that for the very purpose that you state.

Or, if you use firefox, you can adblock individial images.
    Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MeetJoeGreene
    There is a board option to turn off the display of sig files -- I have done that for the very purpose that you state.

Or, if you use firefox, you can adblock individial images.
    That's what I do. It's sad to do so (for me) in some instances though. Some guys have some pretty cool images but they are just too big. If they would resize them I'd not block them. But some are just way, way too big and take up too much room on the screen.

Legend

User Info Menu

Thanks MJG and Steelrz-d and others.

Unfortunately I'm not allowed to login to 90% of the computers I view the forums one, actually I can only log in on this very computer I'm on right now (and of course at home).

As I understand it, I can't activate that option to hide sigs, etc. unless I log in ... can you guys tell me if I have that correct please?

Thanks -

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan
    Thanks MJG and Steelrz-d and others.

Unfortunately I'm not allowed to login to 90% of the computers I view the forums one, actually I can only log in on this very computer I'm on right now (and of course at home).

As I understand it, I can't activate that option to hide sigs, etc. unless I log in ... can you guys tell me if I have that correct please?

Thanks -
    The option is in your user CP. And you are correct. If you change the setting but then view the board without being logged in then yes, the sigs will show...unfortunately.

The only way to change that is at the admin level. On a board I used to admin we had it set up so guests could not see signatures and avatars.

Sorry.