Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: THE '09 PLANET STEELERS TAILGATE!!!

Starter

User Info Menu

Re: Because its never too early... THE TAILGATE

Um, so, like if the stars line up correctly I might actually be able to
    make a tailgate with you guys too.

Of course, my girlfriend who lives in da burgh has to get married on
    the same weekend that you guys are planning for AND get us tickets
    to the same game too!

At least I've got a decent chance at getting inside Heinz field for a
    game this year!
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w...URES/NCFAN.jpg

"18 and D'OH!" ---headline on NFL.com 2/5/08

Legend

User Info Menu

Okay, well, I heard the Pens mentioned and if we're going to make a Pgh weekend of it we might as well try and get the weekend with the Friday night Pirate game, the Satruday afternoon Pens game and then the 2009 NFL champion Steeler Sunday afternoon game.

Oh, yea, and we have to be able to party at the wedding of NC's girlfriend. She won't mind if a few extra revelers join the reception will she? We'll bring our own food and libation, so, it won't cost her a penny for us to attend. We promise not to protest (too much) when the priest, pastor, or clergy du jour asks, "Does anyone have any reason that these two not be united in holy matrimony?" :P or should matrimony, be acrimony?

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MeetJoeGreene
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    For the folks that are also hockey fans, it would be cool to pick a weekend when the Pens have a home Saturday game followed by a Steeler home game on Sunday afternoon. Those of you that are traveling from afar can get the best bang-for-your-buck by making it a two-fer weekend. It also makes it much easier for me if I was in Pittsburgh for both games, since I could just wake up early at my Pittsburgh hotel and come out for the tailgate right from the start, instead of having to drive 5 hours that morning and get into town late for the tailgate. Just a thought.
    ... and don't forget.. we could get a Buccos game too!! PLAYOFFS.....
    I'm not a baseball fan, but I want to see a game at PNC since many folks say it is the best park in the league to see a game. However, early season home weekends for the Steelers always coincide with a Pirate road trips (including Steeler pre-season games) so I have never been there (except to eat at the Outback Steakhouse overlooking the field with no game going on). I could understand how having Steeler and Pirate games on the same day could cause parking and traffic difficulties, but they have never even had games even a day apart.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerNation1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jigawatts
    and
    statistics show that SN1 is less likely to molest anyone during the autumn harvest.
    Just the opposite actually. When the air is warmer there are less layers to get through. You can have the spot in front of me at the next game Jig.
    I think I'll hang out with bobble head Jesus instead.
    [URL=http://s227.photobucket.com/user/AAFiorini/media/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg.html]<a href=http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd207/AAFiorini/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg target=_blank>http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...psgmcgfc1q.jpg</a>[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm in. I too would prefer an early season game. I'm about a 3 hour drive away, so I'm in for bringing up some foodstuffs. I can't wait.
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

For the folks that are also hockey fans, it would be cool to pick a weekend when the Pens have a home Saturday game followed by a Steeler home game on Sunday afternoon. Those of you that are traveling from afar can get the best bang-for-your-buck by making it a two-fer weekend. It also makes it much easier for me if I was in Pittsburgh for both games, since I could just wake up early at my Pittsburgh hotel and come out for the tailgate right from the start, instead of having to drive 5 hours that morning and get into town late for the tailgate. Just a thought.
    I'm not a baseball fan, but I want to see a game at PNC since many folks say it is the best park in the league to see a game. However, early season home weekends for the Steelers always coincide with a Pirate road trips (including Steeler pre-season games) so I have never been there (except to eat at the Outback Steakhouse overlooking the field with no game going on). I could understand how having Steeler and Pirate games on the same day could cause parking and traffic difficulties, but they have never even had games even a day apart.
    Well think about it. They play three game series'. So there would be no way (likely) for them to have a home game Friday or Saturday but not Sunday. Obviously to avoid the congestion issues you are speaking of for that area...
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I would love to do a Mon night game but I understand it's tough for a lot of folks with work and all, a 4pm Sun game would just rock. Haji has gotten plenty of sun in his life would like for it to turn into a night game towards the 4th quarter. You guys call the game and I'll be there...
    ours is not to wonder why just invert and multiply...

Starter

User Info Menu

Actually, I have been to a baseball game at the Pirates' stadium
    and it IS very, very nice. It was the only MLB game I've seen in person.

Having the stadium open up to the city skyline is just beautiful!

But, I really can't imagine how excited I'll be to set foot inside Heinz
    field for a game....
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w...URES/NCFAN.jpg

"18 and D'OH!" ---headline on NFL.com 2/5/08

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Shiek
    Well think about it. They play three game series'. So there would be no way (likely) for them to have a home game Friday or Saturday but not Sunday. Obviously to avoid the congestion issues you are speaking of for that area...
    Ummm, the 5,500 people in attendance at a Pirate game in September won't add to the congestion. :P By this time they've been out of the playoff race since Mid-May or maybe they kept it with in 15 up to June 1st. Then on June 1st they begin to trade away players to teams looking for that onepiece to put them over the top.

Don't sweat the perceived congestion if the Pirates happen to be playing on a Sunday afternoon the same time as the Steelers.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Shiek
    Ummm, the 5,500 people in attendance at a Pirate game in September won't add to the congestion. :P By this time they've been out of the playoff race since Mid-May or maybe they kept it with in 15 up to June 1st. Then on June 1st they begin to trade away players to teams looking for that onepiece to put them over the top.

Don't sweat the perceived congestion if the Pirates happen to be playing on a Sunday afternoon the same time as the Steelers.

Pappy

Good point pap....
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285