Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: #32 overall.

Starter

User Info Menu

Re: #32 overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    This is the most interesting comment about Unger that we need to pay attention to

Can fit the zone-blocking scheme like a glove
    If we are staying with that we need to get players that are better at it. Kemo isn't. Colon isn't.
    This is where I hope Tomlin and Colbert don't put "scheme" ahead of talent. I see a lot of Steelers fans on other boards (not you Oviedo) thinking he doesn't fit our Line saying its a bad pick because he's more of a zone blocker, in other words, he's too good at pass protection. lol let's just bring in another lazy overweight run blocker and let Ben continue to lead the league in sacks since joining the league. I find it hard to believe the Steelers will continue with this approach.
    "That's just Ben being Superman" -John Madden, Super Bowl XLIII

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WoodleyofTroy
    This is the most interesting comment about Unger that we need to pay attention to

Can fit the zone-blocking scheme like a glove
    If we are staying with that we need to get players that are better at it. Kemo isn't. Colon isn't.
    This is where I hope Tomlin and Colbert don't put "scheme" ahead of talent. I see a lot of Steelers fans on other boards (not you Oviedo) thinking he doesn't fit our Line saying its a bad pick because he's more of a zone blocker, in other words, he's too good at pass protection. lol let's just bring in another lazy overweight run blocker and let Ben continue to lead the league in sacks since joining the league. I find it hard to believe the Steelers will continue with this approach.
    I agree. Our problems with Ben being on his back were Kemo, Stapleton and Colon all of whom are better run blockers than pass blockers. We will not scale back on the number of pass plays that are called therefore we had better get some OL who can actually pass block well.

Starter

User Info Menu

I agree. Our problems with Ben being on his back were Kemo, Stapleton and Colon all of whom are better run blockers than pass blockers. We will not scale back on the number of pass plays that are called therefore we had better get some OL who can actually pass block well.
    Yup, and with the way Ben plays, a guy like Unger who is use to moving up and down the field in space at Oregon in the spread, although not the "steeler" way in terms of an Offensive Line, he'd fit right in with Roethlisberger. It's time the front office figures this out.
    "That's just Ben being Superman" -John Madden, Super Bowl XLIII

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WoodleyofTroy
    Yup, and with the way Ben plays, a guy like Unger who is use to moving up and down the field in space at Oregon in the spread, although not the "steeler" way in terms of an Offensive Line, he'd fit right in with Roethlisberger. It's time the front office figures this out.
    The "Steelers Way" should be winning. I could care less if it is with a 270lb battering ram RB or a 185lb WR. Once could argue that given the rules the latter is the more effective in the NFL now.

Legend

User Info Menu

I'd rather see us go DLine, CB, or WR in the first round.

Legend

User Info Menu

Can someone list the round and draft order for the Steelers picks? That is, 1.32; 2.64; 3.96; etc.

Pappy

The referee said that you hit Brian Sipe too hard. Did you hit him too hard?
    I hit him as hard as I could - Jack Lambert

1.20 - Devin Bush, ILB, Michigan
    3.66 - Diontae Johnson, WR, Toledo
    3.83 - Justin Layne, CB, MSU
    4.122 - Benny Snell, RB, Kentucky
    5.141 - Zach Gentry, TE, Michigan
    6.175 - Sutton Smith, OLB, Northern Illinois
    6.192 - Isaiah Buggs, DE, Alabama
    6.207 - Ulysees Gilbert III, OLB, Akron
    7.219 - Derwin Gray, OL, Maryland

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I am not sure if it is official. The list is from another board:

1.32-
    2.64-
    3.96-
    3.97-
    4.128-
    5.160-
    6.192-
    7.209-
    7.224-
    Steelers Draft 2015
    Rd 1: Devante Parker - WR/ Kevin Johnson - CB
    Rd 2: Danielle Hunter -OLB
    Rd 3: Steven Nelson - CB
    Rd 4: Derron Smith - S
    Rd 5: Henry Anderson - DE
    Rd 6: Wes Saxton - TE
    Rd 7: Deon Simon - DT

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Steelers signed DL Jordan Reffett.

They have S Paxson, Kyle Clement and Jordan Reffett. I don't think Steelers are looking to draft a D-Line in 1st Rd.
    Steelers Draft 2015
    Rd 1: Devante Parker - WR/ Kevin Johnson - CB
    Rd 2: Danielle Hunter -OLB
    Rd 3: Steven Nelson - CB
    Rd 4: Derron Smith - S
    Rd 5: Henry Anderson - DE
    Rd 6: Wes Saxton - TE
    Rd 7: Deon Simon - DT

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by grotonsteel
    I am not sure if it is official. The list is from another board:

1.32-
    2.64-
    3.96-
    3.97-
    4.128-
    5.160-
    6.192-
    7.209-
    7.224-
    Well, the NFL has not announced the compsatory picks yet, so the second 3rd rounder is not official. But the rest are correct as it stands now...we have the last regular pick in every round, plus Tampa's pick in the middle of the 7th round. The picks in rounds 4-7 will get pushed back a bit once comp picks are announced for all teams at the ends of rounds 3-7, though.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by grotonsteel
    Steelers signed DL Jordan Reffett.

They have S Paxson, Kyle Clement and Jordan Reffett. I don't think Steelers are looking to draft a D-Line in 1st Rd.
    They were all recent undrafted free agents. They won't make a difference about whether or not we use an early round pick as a potential future replacement for our aging d-lineman.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.