Thread: ESPN: AFC North Outlook

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

ESPN: AFC North Outlook

[url="http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afcnorth/0-2-85/Hot-Button--AFC-North.html"]http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afcnorth/0-2 ... North.html[/url]

Basically states everything we already know, regarding the Steelers. Gives an overall insight into the condition of the other 3 teams in the division though.
    @_Hellgrammite

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: ESPN: AFC North Outlook

The Steelers are still the class of the Division with both the Browns and Bumgals going through different levels of rebuilding...again.

I will bet right now however that some of the "experts" pick the Ravens next year to take the AFC North. I wouldn't be surprised if we see Flacco have a Derek Anderson like follow up season to his rookie year. Lots of tape on the guy and lots of time to tear him apart.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Make changes and get Palmer healthy. The Bengals can win four games next year without Ocho Cinco and Houshmandzadeh. It's time to build a new core while Palmer still has good years left in him.

LOL. How exactly do you get Palmer healthy? Is it possible that the guy just sucks? I mean, I always felt he was overrated. Now let's see how he does without Chad and Housh. Brilliant!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

SO how long do we have to wait for some talking heads to pick cincy/Cleve/Baltimore to win the AFC North in 2009? It has to be coming up soon.

Legend

User Info Menu

If the Stains aren't pre-season SB champs again this year I will be disappointed. It's like a tradition in our family to laugh at that.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Scarletfire1970
    Make changes and get Palmer healthy. The Bengals can win four games next year without Ocho Cinco and Houshmandzadeh. It's time to build a new core while Palmer still has good years left in him.

LOL. How exactly do you get Palmer healthy? Is it possible that the guy just sucks? I mean, I always felt he was overrated. Now let's see how he does without Chad and Housh. Brilliant!
    I totally agree Ocho and Housh have made Palmer look much better than he ever was. Carson Palmer=Matt Leinert-->another over rated USC QB who comes out with big stats and a reputation but is never going to be among the best
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Palmer is decent.. but he chokes in close games.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    Palmer is decent.. but he chokes in close games.
    He is probably choking because of a John Morell sausage lodged in his throat.

Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

LasVegasGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    The Steelers are still the class of the Division with both the Browns and Bumgals going through different levels of rebuilding...again.

I will bet right now however that some of the "experts" pick the Ravens next year to take the AFC North. I wouldn't be surprised if we see Flacco have a Derek Anderson like follow up season to his rookie year. Lots of tape on the guy and lots of time to tear him apart.

Even they aren't that stupid. If you factor in the Ravens losing some identity on defense with the departure of Ryan and possibly Lewis, Suggs, Leonard & McAllister this team is a mess. A middle of the pack defense next year and this team will have a hard time getting to 8-8. They also have the benefit of playing the 2nd place schedule which includes the Patriots and Colts because these teams slipped to number #2 in their divisions last year. I can say we have a much easier ride facing the Dolphins & Titans who won their divisions last year then the Ravens do facing the Patriots and Colts who didn't.

This is a no brainer on who is going to win the AFC North and if anyone says something other then the Steelers they obviously don't know a thing about football. I predict we lock up the division with 4 games remaining in the season next year.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Djfan
    If the Stains aren't pre-season SB champs again this year I will be disappointed. It's like a tradition in our family to laugh at that.
    The Clowns = Lords of the Off-Season!!!

I'm telling everyone here to start ordering their ducats for next year in Miami...the Clowns are a shoo-in!
    Steelers...On The STAIRWAY TO SEVEN!!!
    http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/1...etsteelfk7.jpg
    ASIAN... thanks, brotha!