Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Because its never too early... CONTESTS

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: Because its never too early... CONTESTS

Quote Originally Posted by MeetJoeGreene
    Also.. didn't lonbull do some kind of draft room manager? where you got points for predicting the Steelers picks, positions, rounds, etc?
    MJG -

It was/is called War Room Executive - This particular game never really accomplished what I wanted from it.

Unfortunately due to my own time constraints I'm not 100% sure I will run this one - however half of my problem is with the game itself.

Quote Originally Posted by ASIAN
    See, this is exactly why this thread was needed. I was racking my brain for all those contests that were ran on the Trib during the offseason. I think if we can get those running here that would be awesome. Hopefully LB will get that running here or at the very least recruit someone to administer the contest. Anybody else?
    However I am toying with another idea that would involve Free Agency - similiar to MNF Exec - once you put your picks in they're locked - Time is still an issue, but I could just update the scores once a week and that should solve it.

I'm dwelling on the rules as I type this.

L.B.

Legend

User Info Menu

It is not really a contest, but we'll have to get that interactive board mock draft going again in which each poster is assigned an NFL team (or two), and every hour throughout a week (or two if we want to go more than one round like we did last year), your team is on the clock, so you have to pick who you would take if you were the G.M. of that team (with an explanation of why that is the right pick for said team, etc.). We even incorporated trades (I recall being proud of being able to trade up with the Broncos to take Glenn Dorsey...as it turned out in real life, they were much better off staying put and taking Ryan Clady...whoops. I think I took Gholston for the Rams too after Chris Long was taken off the board before me...ugh).
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    It is not really a contest, but we'll have to get that interactive board mock draft going again in which each poster is assigned an NFL team (or two), and every hour throughout a week (or two if we want to go more than one round like we did last year), your team is on the clock, so you have to pick who you would take if you were the G.M. of that team (with an explanation of why that is the right pick for said team, etc.). We even incorporated trades (I recall being proud of being able to trade up with the Broncos to take Glenn Dorsey...as it turned out in real life, they were much better off staying put and taking Ryan Clady...whoops. I think I took Gholston for the Rams too after Chris Long was taken off the board before me...ugh).
    The same Ryan Clady my Jaguars team traded the slumping Khalif Barnes to move up and get? Yeah...that would be the one.

I'll put the mock draft together again this year but will probably need some help from people who are around a little more than myself to make sure picks are in on time and what not.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by D Rock
    The same Ryan Clady my Jaguars team traded the slumping Khalif Barnes to move up and get? Yeah...that would be the one.

I'll put the mock draft together again this year but will probably need some help from people who are around a little more than myself to make sure picks are in on time and what not.
    Sounds great, man. I'll be in for a team or two myself, and if you need a little help making sure it runs smoothly, let me know how I may be of service.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

All the suggestions have merit. MJG, the Photoshops are a staple, those are a fixture to this site. The eliminator that SN1 mentioned was awesome as well, except, I too was gone after the first week. We need someone to host that again. I'll update the main thread when someone steps up to the plate and becomes the administrator of those contests.

FF, I'm not too keen on the name the Asian contest.
    Oh sure, it's because I'm Irish isn't it? :P

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fordfixer
    All the suggestions have merit. MJG, the Photoshops are a staple, those are a fixture to this site. The eliminator that SN1 mentioned was awesome as well, except, I too was gone after the first week. We need someone to host that again. I'll update the main thread when someone steps up to the plate and becomes the administrator of those contests.

"go n-ithe cata thú agus go n-ithe an diabhaill an cata"

"may a cat eat you, and may the devil eat the cat"

Irish insults rule!

Legend

User Info Menu

Irish insults rule!
    Sorry I don't speak Irish

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Legend

User Info Menu

Irish insults rule!
    Sorry I don't speak Irish
    Well, you better learn quick, ya limey bastage!

Here's a start:

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Here is a quick one: Pick the first rookie to score a touchdown in the 2009 regular season.
    In response to his pleas, an officer said: "You think we've never arrested somebody that's made national media? ... We deal with the Bengals all the time."

[url="http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3880848"]http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3880848[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by snarky
    Here is a quick one: Pick the first rookie to score a touchdown in the 2009 regular season.
    Difficult to say since you don't know which RB's will be on which teams just yet.

I think I'd put the early money on the top WR, though...Crabtree. He should be a force whereever he goes.