Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Because its never too early... CONTESTS

Because its never too early... CONTESTS

This year was nothing short of spectacular. I know the 2009 season will be even better because the men in Black and Gold will be eradicating the notion of the Patriots* being the team of the decade as they go for their 7th Lombardi. The purpose of this thread is to sling ideas around for next season's BOARD GAMES. During mid season fo$lrock brought over his pick em's contest and with the addition of Lonbull to the board we are all anticipating his very popular MNF Exec. contest to be started here in 2009. Stlr D had a very popular Playoff contest and Costanza fostered a great FF league with a couple of conferences. But there has to be more out there who have ideas about GAMES we can participate in during the season, and maybe there are others who want to initiate some offseason games that can be played that may or may not be centered around Mock Drafts.

This thread will be stickied and updated. This thread's purpose: A sign up sheet of intended games/contests to be played this 2009 season. This will also serve as a hub for questions regarding those games... example- fo$lrock brought his pickem' contest at midseason, and I wanted to play but really had no idea what the game was about. Maybe those hosting these offerings, when signing up, can post their rules/instructions on this thread. Anyway, as people sign up I'll update this post to show all, which contests will be ran and when.

Thanks again everybody, for a truly great season here at Planet Steelers. Looking forward to not only the contests, but your ideas as well.

A

GAMES/CONTESTS- hosted by

The Eliminator -
    Weekly Photoshop Contest -
    Playoff Fantasy Football Challenge v3.0 - (stlrz d)

Pro Bowler
    Mineral Ridge, Ohio (Where the standard of expectation does not change)!!!

Re: Because its never too early... CONTESTS

I loved the eliminator game...at least until I lost in week 1. Stupid Colts.
    http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ion1/sn1-1.jpg http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ns_44958-1.jpg
    South End Zone...Screaming My Head Off...Every Game! 111 consecutive and counting.

steeld95

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerNation1
    I loved the eliminator game...at least until I lost in week 1. Stupid Colts.
    This was my first thought. This would be a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by ASIAN
    This year was nothing short of spectacular. I know the 2009 season will be even better because the men in Black and Gold will be eradicating the notion of the Patriots* being the team of the decade as they go for their 7th Lombardi. The purpose of this thread is to sling ideas around for next season's BOARD GAMES. During mid season fo$lrock brought over his pick em's contest and with the addition of Lonbull to the board we are all anticipating his very popular MNF Exec. contest to be started here in 2009. Stlr D had a very popular Playoff contest and Costanza fostered a great FF league with a couple of conferences. But there has to be more out there who have ideas about GAMES we can participate in during the season, and maybe there are others who want to initiate some offseason games that can be played that may or may not be centered around Mock Drafts.

This thread will be stickied and updated. This thread's purpose: A sign up sheet of intended games/contests to be played this 2009 season. This will also serve as a hub for questions regarding those games... example- fo$lrock brought his pickem' contest at midseason, and I wanted to play but really had no idea what the game was about. Maybe those hosting these offerings, when signing up, can post their rules/instructions on this thread. Anyway, as people sign up I'll update this post to show all, which contests will be ran and when.

Thanks again everybody, for a truly great season here at Planet Steelers. Looking forward to not only the contests, but your ideas as well.

A
    How about a game called "name the asian". with the ever changing name of ASIAN we could have a contest to to give you a name once and for all. It would be kind of like pin the tail on the donkey only different

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Hall of Famer

PHOTOSHOPS!!!!!

and look alikes!!!!
    Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.

All the suggestions have merit. MJG, the Photoshops are a staple, those are a fixture to this site. The eliminator that SN1 mentioned was awesome as well, except, I too was gone after the first week. We need someone to host that again. I'll update the main thread when someone steps up to the plate and becomes the administrator of those contests.

FF, I'm not too keen on the name the Asian contest.

Quote Originally Posted by ASIAN
    FF, I'm not too keen on the name the Asian contest.
    How many different ways can you spell "Lee" anyway?

Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    http://www.anewsong.com

My son's first Kansas Turkey!

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

Lee. Li. Leigh. Lea. Leah. So there.

Is the Planet going to be attempting some sort of Stemmy/PLAYA award type thing? Most of my posting at the Trib was at the tail end of that, so I was never really involved with it. When were they normally given out (I'm assuming during the offseason since that is a slower time)? I do recall Asian's superhero-inspired sigs, though.

Hall of Famer

Also.. didn't lonbull do some kind of draft room manager? where you got points for predicting the Steelers picks, positions, rounds, etc?
    Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.

Quote Originally Posted by MeetJoeGreene
    Also.. didn't lonbull do some kind of draft room manager? where you got points for predicting the Steelers picks, positions, rounds, etc?

See, this is exactly why this thread was needed. I was racking my brain for all those contests that were ran on the Trib during the offseason. I think if we can get those running here that would be awesome. Hopefully LB will get that running here or at the very least recruit someone to administer the contest. Anybody else?