Thread: Per ESPN - Steelers had no knowledge of Bens injury

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Per ESPN - Steelers had no knowledge of Bens injury

[url="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3894263"]http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3894263[/url]

Per ESPN the Steelers say they had no knowledge of Ben's supposed rib injury. The article mentions all of Bens injuries and how Cowher thought he exagerated his injuries and that is why they didn't see eye to eye a lot.
    @_Hellgrammite

Starter

User Info Menu

Re: Per ESPN - Steelers had no knowledge of Bens injury

Drama Queen.
    Great QB, but still a drama queen.

Did anyone catch Steigerwald's comments Sunday night about how poorly Ben gets along with the national sports media? Said if Ben was tied with another player for SB MVP, the other player would get it because of his poor relationship with the writers. None of the other local sports people disagreed.

Great QB, but he is not flawless.
    Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler Shades
    Drama Queen.
    Great QB, but still a drama queen.

Did anyone catch Steigerwald's comments Sunday night about how poorly Ben gets along with the national sports media? Said if Ben was tied with another player for SB MVP, the other player would get it because of his poor relationship with the writers. None of the other local sports people disagreed.

Great QB, but he is not flawless.
    who cares about what the sports media thinks? Half the time they are ripping him anyway...I don't blame him.. those guys think they have power.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Why is there a separate thread on this? This was covered already.

Get past the fscking headline and read the fscking story. Here's what I already noted about this "journalism" by ESPN.

THERE IS NOT ONE STATEMENT IN THERE FROM ANYONE WITHIN THE ORGANIZATION THAT SUPPORTS WHAT THE "AUTHOR" OF THIS STORY INSINUATES WITH THE HEADLINE.

This is more unsubstantiated bullshit from ESPN...nothing more.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I would only say he is a drama queen if the injuries weren't legit. get sacked 150+ times in 3 seasons and being in an auto accident tell me his injuries are, so I wouldn't call him a drama queen.
    drama queens are the T.O's, Chad Johnsons, brett favres and Ryan Leafs. guys who create drama so they can be the center of attention. Not guys who are hit and injured alot.

dra·ma queen (plural dra·ma queens)
    noun
    Definition:
    melodramatic person: somebody who likes to make a drama out of a situation by acting in an emotional way ( slang )
    I've never seen Ben get upset and cry (ala TO about Romo) flip out and deck a reporter (like leaf), change his name (chad johnson) or cry non stop about his desire to play (favre).

so i would say that ben is NOT a drama queen.

Legend

User Info Menu

I used to call him one.. but his play made me retract from it.
    but I see why he is called one LOL!!!!

he played an amazing game but this leak makes him look bad IMO... or ESPN is trying to make him look bad.

I can see why Cowher used to get frustrated by these stories... you won the game, why add insult to your opponent by saying this?

Shame on ESPN if they twisted this... and shame on Ben if they didn't.

Just talk about how great you were in the game Ben.. and if he was asked about his ribs and they were fractured.. you don't talk about it like that IMO. I think you say something like.. everyone has aches and pains.. yada yada... bing bang.

Although we all know he already has it, it does sound like Ben is looking for the glory...

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

This is a non-story we hear off and on over the past years. Some players play down injuries, Ben likes to play them up. What's the diff?

The only time it might be a problem is if the team is fined for not reporting an injury he claims to have. If Ben shows up on Sundays and plays like he did in the 'Bowl, he can claim any ailment he wants. The guy has been smacked around over a 100 times, seems he should be allowed to claim some aches and pains.

Starter

User Info Menu

don't get me wrong-

I am very glad ben is the Steelers QB- I'm not sure that there is another QB in the league that could withstand the beating he takes- or perform as he does, under the constant onslaught. Even if some of that onslaught is self created.

Having said that- dude, stfu already.

we don't know the context under which this "injury" has been reported- so it is possible that Ben made an offhand comment and it was stretched-

but

he should know by now- that his comments, particularly regarding his injuries, are always going to be held under the microscope.

btw- as I type this- I have a serious kink in my neck - not sure how i was able to make it past 35 words

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast
    This is a non-story we hear off and on over the past years. Some players play down injuries, Ben likes to play them up. What's the diff?

The only time it might be a problem is if the team is fined for not reporting an injury he claims to have. If Ben shows up on Sundays and plays like he did in the 'Bowl, he can claim any ailment he wants. The guy has been smacked around over a 100 times, seems he should be allowed to claim some aches and pains.
    football players should never "play up" their injuries...