Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bruce Arians Negative Attributes Thread

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Bruce Arians Negative Attributes Thread

Taking a cue from MJG, here is a place to park all of your not-so-favorable comments concerning our OC. Let's try to be civil to one another and be mindful that only negative comments about BA are to be placed here. A separate thread has been be rolled out for any positive comments which need to be made. I'll start the Bruce hate-fest.

1. Publically stated his disdain for the three-step drop even when his QB was getting killed. Curiously incorporated it late this season.
    2. Failed to implement any counter-measures in his offense to deal with the relentless pressure being placed on the QB.
    3. Has demonstrated no ability to successfully attack the weaknesses of an opposing defense.
    4. No evidence of in-game adjustments when we are flailing offensively. It seems we only get going at the end of the games when Ben is in the no-huddle, playing back yard ball.
    5. Has removed the fullback from our offense despite the pleas from his RB and line.
    6. Has a mind-numbing passion to pound our RB between the tackles and fails to consistently get him on the edge. Our RB's nickname is "fast".
    7. We have become the worst ranked short yardage and goal to go team in the league.
    8. We have a top-three QB, two Super Bowl MVP receivers, a Pro Bowl RB, a TE who should be in the Pro Bowl and we are ranked near the bottom of the league in nearly every offensive statistical category.
    9. Shows little to no imagination in his play-calling and lacks the timing or penchant on the rare occasions he does get a little tricky.
    10. He coached in Cleveland and can therefore never succeed in life. (I threw that in there for Oviedo & Burgh...plus I like round numbers)

NEXT!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: Bruce Arians Negative Attributes Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Flasteel
    Taking a cue from MJG, here is a place to park all of your not-so-favorable comments concerning our OC. Let's try to be civil to one another and be mindful that only negative comments about BA are to be placed here. A separate thread has been be rolled out for any positive comments which need to be made. I'll start the Bruce hate-fest.

1. Publically stated his disdain for the three-step drop even when his QB was getting killed. Curiously incorporated it late this season.
    2. Failed to implement any counter-measures in his offense to deal with the relentless pressure being placed on the QB.
    3. Has demonstrated no ability to successfully attack the weaknesses of an opposing defense.
    4. No evidence of in-game adjustments when we are flailing offensively. It seems we only get going at the end of the games when Ben is in the no-huddle, playing back yard ball.
    5. Has removed the fullback from our offense despite the pleas from his RB and line.
    6. Has a mind-numbing passion to pound our RB between the tackles and fails to consistently get him on the edge. Our RB's nickname is "fast".
    7. We have become the worst ranked short yardage and goal to go team in the league.
    8. We have a top-three QB, two Super Bowl MVP receivers, a Pro Bowl RB, a TE who should be in the Pro Bowl and we are ranked near the bottom of the league in nearly every offensive statistical category.
    9. Shows little to no imagination in his play-calling and lacks the timing or penchant on the rare occasions he does get a little tricky.
    10. He coached in Cleveland and can therefore never succeed in life. (I threw that in there for Oviedo & Burgh...plus I like round numbers)

NEXT!
    And this is where we may well see the constitution of our HC.

Will he have the fortitude to explain to his OC that the offensive numbers, no matter what the outcome of the season, were unacceptable and MUST be improved? Will he demand modifications in game plan? coaching personnel? basic offensive structure?

In "the other thread" I had already alluded to the change that will happen on the OL. That's happening. And, quite frankly, the fewer existing players from this line that get retained, the better. Both Kemo and Max Sucks are too slow and immobile to get after a speedy pass rush. That's fact and it was still true the second half of the season when they encountered a capable pass rushing team (i.e. the Titans). Marvel won't be back unless his back problems are miraculously cured and he's willing to take a club-friendly deal.

They also need to get someone, so long as FWP is carrying the rushing load, who will be able to lead block for him. I think we already have the candidate for that role with McHugh. He played FB at Penn State and he should be able to reprise his role with the Steelers. But the days of the one back set must end now that this season has ended. Get a damned FB, BA!
    Steelers...On The STAIRWAY TO SEVEN!!!
    http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/1...etsteelfk7.jpg
    ASIAN... thanks, brotha!

ray

As I tried to say in another thread before it was locked, my only gripe with him this past season was a perceived lack of willingness to establish a running game. Single back sets didn't work and no real attempt was made with a lead blocker. I could understand his play calling better had they tried the lead blocker scheme and it failed but they never made a real effort to try.

Legend

User Info Menu

Still collects a paycheck signed by Dan Rooney.

Legend

User Info Menu

He can't get a job as the Chief's head coach

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

defense = #1 in the league

offense = #22 in the league

Which area needs improvement? We won a championship with the above noted formula. Now we need to retain the trophy next year and everyone in the league is aware of this formula. We need to change it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ASIAN

Which area needs improvement? We won a championship with the above noted formula. Now we need to retain the trophy next year and everyone in the league is aware of this formula. We need to change it.

Oh sure use stats,....show off

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fordfixer
    Quote Originally Posted by ASIAN

Oh sure use stats,....show off

I can always count on you and Ruthless for levity at the right moment.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

My new 3 least favorite words in the English language == "SINGLE BACK SET".

Appears to not have any in-game adjustments.

I, as a novice, often "guess" the play before it is run. Imagine what opposing defenses can do.
    Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.

Legend

User Info Menu

Doesn't subscribe to the theory of doing something that is working until lthe other team proves they can stop it.

He's arrogant to the point that he is unwilling to even consider that what he's doing may need to be changed during a drive, a game or a season.

The remaining teams w/o a head coach don't even want to talk to him.

If Ben Roethlisberger wasn't the QB that runs his offense the Steelers would have been 8-8 and watching the SB celebration.

Relies on Ben's playground style to make a play after his ridiculous game plan doesn't work.

Has a history with Cleveland.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount