Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Fox sports mock draft

HardlinerKC

Re: Fox sports mock draft

I've got to weigh in here for the Chiefs. I see all these clowns, including this one, thinking just because a team could not sack a bag of flour last year, they surely must reach for a pass rushing DE like Orapko.

Easy rationale, easy projection and, bring on the next case? The Chiefs' problems are many including a lack of a rush but first things first. The right side of the Oline was even more horrid in 2008. Getting a strong foundation for a team with many holes is where they should go and take the best graded OT to bookend with an impressive Branden Albert.

Let's say it's Oher. OK, best man gets the LT position, the other kicks to the right side and now we have far better protection and drive blocking for the passing and running games which were weak in 2008. I think that's where Pioli will go as well and it's the smart play, NOT a high #3 overall pick gambled on an Orapko questionable DE type.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

you mean Mansfield-Webster-Dawson-Hartings-Mahn-Hartwig in Pittsburgh.

I was actually referring being deep at the center position, with the idea that they could also play guard.

With a selection of a center, is it possible that Hartwig slid over to a starting Guard position. What is he better as a center or guard?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

My take:

1st Rnd: OC/OG Alex Mack
    (Alternates are OT/OC Max Unger & OT Eben Britton)
    @_Hellgrammite

Legend

User Info Menu

If Duke Robinson was still there, and the Steelers passed, I'd vomit.

I know, I know, we need an OT.. and one early. And Beatty looks to be pretty darned good. But, look at that thread with sacks given up by position... Our guards leave much to be desired... and the team is likely to re-sign Max (even if only to franchise him again) and Essex.

Either Simmons or Kemo isn't likely to be back, IMO. And in either case, you'd be looking for an eventual successor...
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's final Mock
    1.20 - Tailiese Fuaga, OT, Oregon St
    2.51 - Zach Frazier, C, WVU
    3.84 - Luke Mccaffery, WR, Rice
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.117 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    6.178 - Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Dillon Johnson, RB, Washington