Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: McFadden

Legend

User Info Menu

McFadden

maybe it's me but I think Gay is better then him. McFadden was chasing a lot yesterday.

I hope this makes it easier to resign him.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: McFadden

McFadden will not resign with the Steelers. he let it be known when he hired Drew Rosenhaus in the off season he was interested in the money only. That's his right.

I'd go after Nmandi Asomugha and make this defense the best ever.

If Bmac doesn't resign and goes elsewhere don't be surprsided if we go CB in Round 1 of the draft.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    McFadden will not resign with the Steelers. he let it be known when he hired Drew Rosenhaus in the off season he was interested in the money only. That's his right.

If Bmac doesn't resign and goes elsewhere don't be surprsided if we go CB in Round 1 of the draft.
    with 2 rings, I can't say that I blame the guy in looking to set up himself (and family) for life. If the Steelers want to give him "backup" money and someone else wants to give him elite money - MOST of us would leave (well, we're steelers fans - but, if it was a team we weren't fans of)....

still expecting o-line if at all possible in the draft.
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Late-March Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Jackson Powers-Johnson, C, Oregon
    2.51 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.84 -
    "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.98 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    4.117 - Jordan Travis, QB, FSU
    6.178 -Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Isaac Guerendo, RB, Louisville

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille

with 2 rings, I can't say that I blame the guy in looking to set up himself (and family) for life. If the Steelers want to give him "backup" money and someone else wants to give him elite money - MOST of us would leave (well, we're steelers fans - but, if it was a team we weren't fans of)....

so do we trade up for OL? Will we get value at OL as the 32nd pick?
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

I doubt the Steelers sign Nmandi. He would probably want to much money. I could see the Steelers taking a corner in the draft. Do not know if it will be in round one. Hopefully, a quality Olineman will drop down in the draft. OL, DL, and CB are the 3 areas they should look to first.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Good thoughts O, but if Bmac is too rich for us, then Nmandi won't even be worth considering. As for going CB in the 1st, who? - Vontae Davis scares me, let's stick to the lines...
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust & sweat & blood...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL

I doubt the Steelers sign Nmandi. He would probably want to much money. I could see the Steelers taking a corner in the draft. Do not know if it will be in round one. Hopefully, a quality Olineman will drop down in the draft. OL, DL, and CB are the 3 areas they should look to first.
    I don't think we'd go after Asomugha, but after playing for a joke of a team in the Raiders, don't you think he might take a bit less to play for one of the most well-respected franchises in the league?? Still don't think there's any way he ends up here, but something to consider.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille

so do we trade up for OL? Will we get value at OL as the 32nd pick?
    I'd be willing to trade up... generally speaking, we do pretty well with early picks... and losing Faneca could get us another 3rd. (which I know we can't trade, but, would only be a pick or two behind the "tradeable" 3rd @ 32 in the round).
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Late-March Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Jackson Powers-Johnson, C, Oregon
    2.51 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.84 -
    "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.98 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    4.117 - Jordan Travis, QB, FSU
    6.178 -Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Isaac Guerendo, RB, Louisville

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelgal
    Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL

I don't think we'd go after Asomugha, but after playing for a joke of a team in the Raiders, don't you think he might take a bit less to play for one of the most well-respected franchises in the league?? Still don't think there's any way he ends up here, but something to consider.
    For players, the league is a biz. In most cases, they have to get as much money as they can. Their careers can end on one play. If he were an older player, he might want to take less money for a chance to win. He is young and money talks. If it were me, I am going for the money. I think you are speaking from a fan's perspective.

steeld95

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    maybe it's me but I think Gay is better then him. McFadden was chasing a lot yesterday.

I hope this makes it easier to resign him.

I thought Gay showed he can step in if we lose McFadden. There really wasn't a drop off. I look for an increased role from him regardless.