Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Surprise, Surprise - Bayless is at it again...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Surprise, Surprise - Bayless is at it again...

- Screaming for a penalty on Santonio TD celebration;
    - Says that Warner didn't fumble on the last play, that it was an incomplete pass;
    - Wanted a penalty for Farrior (or Woodley) taking his helmet off.

This guy lives to rain on people's parades
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust & sweat & blood...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: Surprise, Surprise - Bayless is at it again...

Steel Life...we are on the same wavelength. I posted the same thing you did...haha.

Anyway, this show is not coming back on after this Carey Davis interview.

Here is their dumb poll too. Cowboys? This show sucks...Firsttake????
    Attached Images Attached Images
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

<rolling eyes>

They should've reviewed that fumble call, I'll give him that much.

Everything else? just stfu.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

he is such a douche

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I was shocked they didn't review the final play. It seems like every other play was reviewed. Who would have though we'd have to put up with the same 'the refs gave it to us' crap that we did 3 years ago.......

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Life
    - Says that Warner didn't fumble on the last play, that it was an incomplete pass;

1 - he's right
    2 - it shoudl have AT LEAST been reviewed
    3 - there WAS a penalty on that play... it didn't matter cuz we took a knee. but, had AZ kept the ball, it could have made a difference. I was calling him stupid when he took it off because that play was too similar to Warner's other play.
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Early April Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Kool-Aid McKinstry, CB, Alabama
    2.51 - Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan
    3.84 -Sedrick Van Pran-Granger, C, Georgia
    3.98 -<tbd>
    4.117 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    6.178 - Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Dillon Johnson, RB, Washington

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelgal
    I was shocked they didn't review the final play. It seems like every other play was reviewed. Who would have though we'd have to put up with the same 'the refs gave it to us' crap that we did 3 years ago.......
    Part of it is the "Duke Syndrome." Where everyone thinks calls go our way, and the other team gets shafted, despite reality

The other part of it is I feel like folks have been accustomed to Super Bowl blow outs.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Mike Pereria - NFL VP of Officiating - confimed after the game & on "Mike & Mike" this morning that the replay official took a look at it immediately & confirmed the call on the filed. Just because they didn't take forever (like they normally do) doesn't mean they didn't do it.

You get the feeling that if they had gone the other way that people would be screaming how the NFL is ruining the game because of the micro-managing - you can't win. Crazy people need to stop jumping onto the conspiracy bandwagon.
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust & sweat & blood...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille
    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Life

1 - he's right
    3 - there WAS a penalty on that play... it didn't matter cuz we took a knee. but, had AZ kept the ball, it could have made a difference. I was calling him stupid when he took it off because that play was too similar to Warner's other play.

I don't think Holmes shaking the ball and throwing it in the air is a flag. No way. Its the same as if he put it in the air and waved it around and then spiked it. He didn't use it as a prop like skip douchebag was crying. If you can spike the ball and that is legal, then what holmes did was within the rules in my view.
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

[quote=Iron Shiek]
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille
    Quote Originally Posted by "Steel Life":5ua9dlyr

1 - he's right

I don't think Holmes shaking the ball and throwing it in the air is a flag. No way. Its the same as if he put it in the air and waved it around and then spiked it. He didn't use it as a prop like skip douchebag was crying. If you can spike the ball and that is legal, then what holmes did was within the rules in my view.[/quote:5ua9dlyr]

He was mimicking LeBron's pre-game powder routine. He used the ball in place of the powder container. That technically makes it a prop. So by the letter of the law, its a penalty. But your point if valid. If you can spike it, then this should be legal too.

Regardless, it doesn't matter now. We can go back and watch the game and point out calls they misse don AZ, no one will care. This is the price we pay for not blowing them the hell out.