Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Media Hype = Vegas bailout

Backup

User Info Menu

Media Hype = Vegas bailout

Think about it, how much money must have come down on the Steelers early. No way do the Cardnials get THIS much love otherwise. Last I checked the line was Steelers -7. For the love of god we are FAVORED. The media is either retarded or calculated. I wish I knew how much was laid down and for which team the first week opposed to this week, anyone know where or if those numbers are public?

<- Can we get a Seahawks & Cardnials Suck emo?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: Media Hype = Vegas bailout

before my eyes even made it to the writing in your sig, my mind was already telling me to taste the rainbow

I love it.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

the bookies screwed themselves i think. if they started with a line of 4.5 or 5 and let the media hype up the cards then just as many people would bet on the cards. i bet now most people have put money on the cards not the steelers. 7 points is a ton for a super bowl

Backup

User Info Menu

IIRC, the opening line was 6 1/2.

It moved to 7 by Tuesday.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank1
    the bookies screwed themselves i think. if they started with a line of 4.5 or 5 and let the media hype up the cards then just as many people would bet on the cards. i bet now most people have put money on the cards not the steelers. 7 points is a ton for a super bowl
    If a ton of people put money on the Cards, the line would have dropped, but it held steady. Now, I know that a lot of gamblers were waiting to see where the line went, and their late bets will skew it tomorrow, but remaining at 7 for most of the two-week period tells me no real money is coming in on the Cards.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by proudpittsburgher
    If a ton of people put money on the Cards, the line would have dropped, but it held steady. Now, I know that a lot of gamblers were waiting to see where the line went, and their late bets will skew it tomorrow, but remaining at 7 for most of the two-week period tells me no real money is coming in on the Cards.
    That's what I think to, the media is hyping the Cards in an attempt to get more money on them, call me crazy...

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by D Rock
    before my eyes even made it to the writing in your sig, my mind was already telling me to taste the rainbow

I love it.
    Thx, Rainbows are sweet arent they!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by proudpittsburgher
    that makes sense. i want to put some money on the steelers but 7 points is a lot. i think im going to bet on every thing except the spread

Legend

User Info Menu

I don't bet.. but 7 points is a lot. We don't win many games by 7 points... that being said if I did gamble and it was throw away money I would probably bet on the Cards to cover...

with Fitzgerald there is always the dreaded Pass INT call to get them back in a game.

but I could never bet against the Steelers so......
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by D Rock

I love it.
    I heard the rainbow was actually a guy. Don't know if it is true, but just the possibility is a turn off.
    Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity