Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is Arizona even better than just good

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: Is Arizona even better than just good

you defintely have to have a lot of respect for the cards. were the steelers a great team in 2005? they had a mediocre season and got hot in the playoffs. same with the giants last season. if the steelers play like crap and lose then a 6 seed will have won the sb 3 out of the last 4 seasons. that is really strange

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig
    The Cards are good. Their divison sucked and they pretty much had it wrapped up through mid season if my mem serves me correctly.

They had nothing to play for in my opinion when they went into the slump.

They have picked up their game and they are pumped up for this Super Bowl.

Last year Wiz had his team ready for the Steelers and you could tell the Cards wanted to make a point by beating the Steelers.

Look for no difference this Sunday.

It will be a great game and it is not a free win for the Steelers by any stretch.
    By that same token, don't you think that opposite is true too? That the Steelers will be ready for the Cards, and the players will want to win this for THEIR coach, the man that they chose OVER Whiz? I don't think that it will be "easy" either. But the Steelers are a better team with better overall talent, played a much tougher schedule and they are healthy. We SHOULD win this game, pulling away at the finish.

Legend

User Info Menu

If the Steelers can establish the running game and get an early lead it will put a lot of pressure on the Cards. This will be the most critical aspect of the game because it will force the Cards to go one dimensional. For as hot as fItzgerald has been he was controlled by most of the Cards opponents throughout the season. We have to control him not shut him out.

If we can't run the ball and get into a shoot out with the Cards I'm not sure I like our chances.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

How about the fact that the only reg. season road wins this year were: SF, Seattle, and St. Louis?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o.
    How about the fact that the only reg. season road wins this year were: SF, Seattle, and St. Louis?
    This will be another road game for them. Steeler fans will outnumber Cardinal fans by more than a 10 to 1 margin (I would think it would be closer to 20 to 1, actually). We will make it loud enough when the Steeler D is on the field that Warner will have to go to a silent count on a supposedly neutral field. The only thing missing will be that "Renegade" will not be played in the second half (unless Bruce decides to do a cover of it at halftime), and I'm not expecting any February Pittsburgh snow (plus the whole pirate ship instead of the ketchup bottles thing...other than that, the atmosphere should be like Heinz Field).
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

That would be cool if the fans sang Renegade for the third quarter!
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz
    They won their PO games because of Turn Overs.

I think it we can be -1 or better, we'll win the game.
    Agreed. And let's not forget that the "great" Cards defense gave up 454 yards to the Eagles

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NW Steeler
    Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig
    The Cards are good. Their divison sucked and they pretty much had it wrapped up through mid season if my mem serves me correctly.

They had nothing to play for in my opinion when they went into the slump.

They have picked up their game and they are pumped up for this Super Bowl.

Last year Wiz had his team ready for the Steelers and you could tell the Cards wanted to make a point by beating the Steelers.

Look for no difference this Sunday.

It will be a great game and it is not a free win for the Steelers by any stretch.
    By that same token, don't you think that opposite is true too? That the Steelers will be ready for the Cards, and the players will want to win this for THEIR coach, the man that they chose OVER Whiz? I don't think that it will be "easy" either. But the Steelers are a better team with better overall talent, played a much tougher schedule and they are healthy. We SHOULD win this game, pulling away at the finish.

I have no doubt that the Steelers are the better team. I also thought the Eagles and Panthers were the better team too. As someone said, it is our game to lose.
    I actually thought we out played the Cowboys in 95 and it just didn't go our way.
    Look at our last Super Bowl win, I feel those calls could have went either way. Without the refs calling a strict game, I doubt we would have beaten the Seahawks.

We sure are the better team and we played the toughest schedule and with that schedule, it should have made our team even better.

I just hope our Steelers are not over confident. I do think this is where Tomlin is at his most value by keeping these guys in tune with the moment.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank1
    you defintely have to have a lot of respect for the cards. were the steelers a great team in 2005? they had a mediocre season and got hot in the playoffs. same with the giants last season. if the steelers play like crap and lose then a 6 seed will have won the sb 3 out of the last 4 seasons. that is really strange
    If, and it's a big if, the steelers lay an egg and lose to the cardinals the steelers would still be the only 6 seed to win the SB in the last 4 years. Remember, the cardinals won their division and are the 4 seed.

2005 - Steelers 6 seed
    2006 - Indy 3 seed
    2007 - giants 5 seed
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!