Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NEWS: Steelers to wear white jerseys in the SB

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: Steelers to wear road white jerseys in the Super Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by mshifko
    what's your prediction for steelers fans-compared to cards fans?

i'm going with roughly 80% of the stadium will be waving terrible towels
    At least as much as there was against the Seahawks. But perhaps a few more AZ fans this time. I say 80%+ too!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawk

At least as much as there was against the Seahawks. But perhaps a few more AZ fans this time. I say 80%+ too!
    It was more than 90% against Seattle, and I expect pretty much the same against Arizona. If Philly had beaten the Cards, then I think we would have only had a 60-40 advantage.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: NEWS: Steelers to wear white jerseys in the SB

Let me start by saying I want a win, I could care less if they were wearing those ugly throwbacks with the big old shield on the front, with the yellow helmets, and everyone wearign Casey Hampton's crocks. But they just look so much more bad-arsed in the black.

alternates every year. NFC this year, AFC team has the choice next year
    OK, cool, we will get to wear the black uni's for super bowl 44.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher

It was more than 90% against Seattle, and I expect pretty much the same against Arizona. If Philly had beaten the Cards, then I think we would have only had a 60-40 advantage.
    Shoot is maybe closer to 95%. I read an article yesterday, for the life of my can't find it now, where it said they couldn't find much team gear being worn by fans anywhere. It's almost as if them just getting to the SB is enough for them...
    ours is not to wonder why just invert and multiply...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by costanza2k1
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher

Shoot is maybe closer to 95%. I read an article yesterday, for the life of my can't find it now, where it said they couldn't find much team gear being worn by fans anywhere. It's almost as if them just getting to the SB is enough for them...
    Its going to be a home-field type vibe. And they'll be so many little stories generated on the all the pre-game sports shows that will make note of that fact. The Cardinals might give us a good game, but the 12th man that field will be THE NATION!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: NEWS: Steelers to wear white jerseys in the SB

Quote Originally Posted by proudpittsburgher
    Let me start by saying I want a win, I could care less if they were wearing those ugly throwbacks with the big old shield on the front, with the yellow helmets, and everyone wearign Casey Hampton's crocks. But they just look so much more bad-arsed in the black.

alternates every year. NFC this year, AFC team has the choice next year
    OK, cool, we will get to wear the black uni's for super bowl 44.

We had our choice in #40 and I think it was Cowher that said, "if were not playing in Heinz Field, were not wearing black".

Didn't we play in black @ Philly earlier this year?