Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Terrible Towel sighting at Inauguration

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Terrible Towel sighting at Inauguration

Unbelievable. On the CNN feed, just as President Obama wrapped up his inaugural address, they were showing crowd shots, and focused on someone waving a Terrible Towel. Absolutely amazing.
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Terrible Towel sighting at Inauguration

I heard Obama had one in his coat!

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

[url]http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28752263/[/url]

Rooney Invited To D.C., Gives Obama Championship Game Ball
    Steelers Chairman Attends Inauguration Eve Dinner In Washington

ThePittsburghChannel.Com
    updated 22 minutes ago

WASHINGTON - One of Pittsburgh's "first families" welcomed the country's new First Family at a bipartisan event on the eve of President-elect Barack Obama's inauguration.

Steelers Chairman Dan Rooney was in the receiving line before dinner Monday night at the "Yes We Did Celebration." He gave Obama a game ball from the previous night's AFC Championship at Heinz Field, where the Steelers beat the Baltimore Ravens to advance to Super Bowl XLIII.

"And that was a rare moment. That was one we didn't expect," said Obama's senior adviser, David Axelrod.

Gov. Ed Rendell was also among the Pennsylvania dignitaries in attendance at the event, which was held at the Washington Plaza Hotel.

Obama is a self-professed fan of the Steelers. Rooney endorsed him throughout his campaign and often appeared in public with him when Obama visited Pittsburgh.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan
    I heard Obama had one in his coat!

..and then he took off his tophat, covered it with the Terrible Towel, and pulled out 2 Trillion Dollars....

Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher

ThePittsburghChannel.Com
    updated 22 minutes ago

WASHINGTON - One of Pittsburgh's "first families" welcomed the country's new First Family at a bipartisan event on the eve of President-elect Barack Obama's inauguration.

Steelers Chairman Dan Rooney was in the receiving line before dinner Monday night at the "Yes We Did Celebration." He gave Obama a game ball from the previous night's AFC Championship at Heinz Field, where the Steelers beat the Baltimore Ravens to advance to Super Bowl XLIII.

"And that was a rare moment. That was one we didn't expect," said Obama's senior adviser, David Axelrod.

Gov. Ed Rendell was also among the Pennsylvania dignitaries in attendance at the event, which was held at the Washington Plaza Hotel.

Obama is a self-professed fan of the Steelers. Rooney endorsed him throughout his campaign and often appeared in public with him when Obama visited Pittsburgh.
    Though like Rooney I voted for this guy, I would want verification that what the author of this newspiece says is true, about Obama being a Steeler fan. I know he's shown cojones in the past about wading into enemy territory and staying true the Chicago Cubs, but would he really be a Steelers fan and not a Bears fan? I figure either a) he isn't a self-professed Steeler fan, or b) he is not immune from pandering like any other politician.

Geez man, what a gift!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

ThePittsburghChannel.Com
    updated 22 minutes ago

Though like Rooney I voted for this guy, I would want verification that what the author of this newspiece says is true, about Obama being a Steeler fan. I know he's shown cojones in the past about wading into enemy territory and staying true the Chicago Cubs, but would he really be a Steelers fan and not a Bears fan? I figure either a) he isn't a self-professed Steeler fan, or b) he is not immune from pandering like any other politician.

Geez man, what a gift!
    [youtube:3jj0wy7d]SmiZs2stDRQ[/youtube:3jj0wy7d]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JAR

ThePittsburghChannel.Com
    updated 22 minutes ago

Geez man, what a gift!
    [youtube:2tcke1k5]SmiZs2stDRQ[/youtube:2tcke1k5]
    I can't see it at work man, give me a hint!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Hey Obama. What about Roy Gerela!!!!!
    In response to his pleas, an officer said: "You think we've never arrested somebody that's made national media? ... We deal with the Bengals all the time."

[url="http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3880848"]http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3880848[/url]

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JAR

ThePittsburghChannel.Com
    updated 22 minutes ago

Geez man, what a gift!
    [youtube:3kezx7dc]SmiZs2stDRQ[/youtube:3kezx7dc]
    I can't see it at work man, give me a hint!!
    it's an interview with Obama where he says that since he grew up in Hawaii and because they didn't have a pro football team, that he adopted the Steelers. he's a Bears fan first though. He'd have to be though or he'd get crucified.

Legend

User Info Menu

Barak posts on here as that Maui Steeler Fan guy....