Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Battlestar Galactica final season starts tonight

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: Battlestar Galactica final season starts tonight

Quote Originally Posted by Jooser
    Why does everyone throw a temper tantrum when something doesn't go their way in this show? I mean, common Adama, get the hell out of the paint and let the old girl go! This show takes another twist. It's getting a little weird now IMHO. Still, the chicks are hot. LOL
    I don't know about temper tantrums, but the intensity of saving the last vestige of the human race could up the stakes in perception of the world around you. As for the show, I'm kind of lost on some aspects. One night when I'm off, shoot me a PM Joos, and we'll jump in the chat room and maybe you can clarify some questions for me. You, me and NKy should jump in there one night and maybe we can collectively try and come up with some answers. Great show. I'm going to get all five seasons once its all over.

Legend

User Info Menu

That's cool A, I'd love to get into some detailed discussion on what's going on. Nky would too, I'm sure. I record the episodes so that I can watch them a couple of times to try and understand as much as my pea-brain can take in.
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Last week's show was rather ambiguous (been working and just got to watch the DVR recording tonight before the next episode)... Starbucks' tags reveal proof that she has been reincarnated?.... It's getting tough for me to follow. ... Only two more episodes left after tonight (13th), which I haven't seen yet... Time to wrap it up in some way, I think.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ASIAN
    Great show. I'm going to get all five seasons once its all over.
    ... Same here... I'm planning on getting the whole set once it's finished.... Start to end.

BTW, just let me know how to do it, and where to "jump" (pardon the pun) and I'd love to join you guys in a discussion of the show.... I've watched it from day #1.

Legend

User Info Menu

Well, I thought Helen knew the location of the Cylon 'colony'. So, I am not sure why Anders had to tell Adama where it was, but anyways.... Maybe this jumping back and forth through time and all has something to do with the singularity that the Cylon colony is based near. Could they be actually traveling through time, or even better, different dimensions? This is really confusing. I am not truly sold that the "Earth" that they found was actually our Earth. I think that they will eventually find it and call it home... Hell, I don't know.... Anyone?
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Great show tonight... Personally, the "flashbacks" were good IMO... The series is taking shape with the "final mission", and I like seeing Lee in a uniform instead of a suit. Gotta love Adama's speech!... I think the time travel relevations is due to Hannah, and simply pointing them in the proper direction. Anders is simply a facilitator to the facts that Adama aquired so as to make the "mission" decision. But like Jooser said, "who knows".

Apparently next week is the final show, and it will be a 2-hour finale.... Should be fantastic!

Legend

User Info Menu

Also, don't forget about the Battlestar Galactica: The Last Frakking Special that airs this Monday night @ 10 EST. It looks to have alot of interviews and behind-the-scenes type stuff that should be pretty entertaining. I've loved this show and have followed it from day one. I can't believe it's coming to an end next week.

What do yinz think is up with the song? My thoughts are kinda going in two directions. I think that either the notes are some sort of genetic code or they could be coordinates in space or something like that.

The part that I am so damned confused about is the timeline. The 'final 5' were alive and part of the Cylon civilization at least two thousand years ago. Last night, Helen made reference to the fact that the final 5 were around for the modern war (which according to the show ended about 40 yrs. ago). So, how long ago did the Centurions and Humans battle prior to this war going on in this show? In other words, exactly how long ago did humanity develop and utilize Cylon technology before they rebelled and the war started. It just seems that in the world of the final 5 (which was supposedly Earth), they are so much older than the ones from Caprica and the other colonies. That being said, when exactly did the skin-jobs come into being? I'm very confused on all this and the exact timeline.... OOhh, the brain pain!
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Legend

User Info Menu

Well, I thought Helen knew the location of the Cylon 'colony'. So, I am not sure why Anders had to tell Adama where it was, but anyways.... Maybe this jumping back and forth through time and all has something to do with the singularity that the Cylon colony is based near. Could they be actually traveling through time, or even better, different dimensions? This is really confusing. I am not truly sold that the "Earth" that they found was actually our Earth. I think that they will eventually find it and call it home... Hell, I don't know.... Anyone?
    Their time traveling between different dimension will ultimately land them on the "Lost" island. Hurley and Locke are Cylons.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Helen knew where the colony *used* to be, but in the same episode said that it had been moved.

I think the flashbacks are just a device for character development. IMO it doesn't seem that any of the characters in the show are experiencing them as any strange type of phenomenon or anything, so I'm assuming they're just reflecting on their past(s).

No idea about the timeline. All the "final 5 making the other cylons", 13th tribe, earth in cinders stuff lost me a long time ago. I have no clue. I just need to find some fairly clear synopsis on the web somewhere to get me up to date.

Still have no clue as to why Baltar sees/hears the 6, or why that 6 saw/heard her own Baltar for awhile. Still waiting on the explanation for that.

I am diggin the last mission. It seems as if it's been awhile since there was a good interstellar buttkicking.
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6892&dateline=1331316420 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1331316420</a>

Legend

User Info Menu

On the time travelling enip, I guess I misspoke a bit. I think that Starbuck may be the only one who actually time-travelled or jumped dimensions or whatever. I think that maybe she got a glimpse of her destiny (and humanity's) if the future doesn't change. I still think that here father was the Daniel that they talked about being eliminated a couple of weeks ago. They said he was an artist of sorts, thus the piano, the song, and Starbuck painting that Super Nova for no apparent reason.....
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION