Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can the Steelers run the ball...

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Can the Steelers run the ball...

If Willie struggles for yards in the first half (say 12 carries for 35 yards) and Moore is not doing much better (say 5 carries for 14 yards), I hope that they adjust on the fly and actually use Russell for more than just short yardage in the second half (10 carries for 56 yards, as we start imposing our will on their defense).
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

If Suggs can't go and Barnes is already out (I believe), that leave Jameel McClain as Suggs replacement. I would run at him on the left side with Miller blocking all day long. McClain is a decent pass rusher, but he will get worn down by the big boys.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Legend

User Info Menu

Ravens looked soft against the run against TN. I think they are tired and worn down.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Parker said he was encouraged to see what Chris Johnson was able to do against the Rats because he feels they have similar running style.

Yes Sir!

Legend

User Info Menu

I think that I heard this week that Parker's high against Baltimore is something like 68 yards. We still have a winning record against them in spite of that. The key will not have to be for FWP to make big plays in the run game, but to not have him getting so many negative gains. If he averages 3 yards per carry, which is low, then it is more than he usually does against them. It could be the difference between facing 2nd and 11 or 2nd and 7. 3rd and 10 or 3rd and 4.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    Parker said he was encouraged to see what Chris Johnson was able to do against the Rats because he feels they have similar running style.

Yes Sir!
    And likewise, I'm sure Ed and the Murderer are encouraged that Willie Parker, similarly to Chris Johnson, is blessed with legs for them to try to break after the whistle.

Hmmph? Ed and the Murderer...sounds like a movie...a g@y one...
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285