Thread: Strangest headliner/opening act combinations you've seen

Backup

Strangest headliner/opening act combinations you've seen

While going through my music collection this evening, it reminded me of a topic I keep meaning to post on here. I've seen a number of shows in the past 20 years (wow, that long already?), lots of different artists and genres, and usually the opening act for the headliner works well. Sometimes...not so much. The one that always sticks out for me is Queensryche's Empire tour in 1991. The opening act...Suicidal Tendencies! While it was nice to see both bands since I was fans of both, I thought it was an odd pairing.

So, let's hear yours. I'm sure there's some other strange ones out there.
    "The only thing decent about the seventies was the Pittsburgh Steelers and their four Super Bowls." - Rush Limbaugh

Mach Five - your all-Steelers fan band!
    http://www.machfive.us

Pro Bowler

Re: Strangest headliner/opening act combinations you've seen

I saw the Queensryche/Suicidal tour that your refering to. I was a senior in HS -Good Times.

Around the same time, I saw Pantera open up for Skid Row. I thought Skid Row would of had someone a bit more "pop metal" as their guest. I'm glad they didn't, b/c Pantera was the whole reason why we went.

Earlier this year, I saw Kid Rock with special guests Reverend Run & Peter Wolf of J. Giiles Band fame. When they all 3 took the same stage at the end of the night singing "This Little Light of Mine", I recall thinking to myself that, never in a million years, did I ever think I would witness this.