Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Top three draft needs for all 32 NFL teams

Bandito

Top three draft needs for all 32 NFL teams

[url="http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFLDraft/Draft+Extras/2008/needs011209.htm"]http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/NF ... 011209.htm[/url]

Here's Steelers per the site... (Not surprised with the choices though would put DB/DE before NT)

Pittsburgh Steelers

OT — OLT Marvel Smith missed most of this season with a back injury and has finished the last two campaigns on injured reserve. Also, ORT Willie Colon has struggled in pass protection in his two seasons as a starter.

OG — Neither OLG Chris Kemoeatu nor ORGs Darnell Stapleton and Kendall Simmons played exceptionally well this season.

NT — The Steelers don’t have any pressing concerns about the play of NTs Casey Hampton and Chris Hoke, but finding a young run stuffer to groom behind the veterans might be on their offseason to-do list.

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Top three draft needs for all 32 NFL teams

Yes, Yes, and Yes.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Somebody who can return kicks and a private detective to find and destroy the negatives Carey Davis has of somebody in the steelers FO.
    In response to his pleas, an officer said: "You think we've never arrested somebody that's made national media? ... We deal with the Bengals all the time."

[url="http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3880848"]http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3880848[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by snarky
    Somebody who can return kicks and a private detective to find and destroy the negatives Carey Davis has of somebody in the steelers FO.
    Dicky Lyons, Jr from Kentucky.... tough little SOB.

Also, I think O-line, D-Line, O-line....

OT, OG, C, NT, DE... I'd put the over-under at 3.5 linemen in this draft.

I'd also include ILB, CB, FS as secondary targets. These guys are likely to be talented, but, raw (like Ike was when drafted).

Backups at WR, QB and OLB (depending on Davis' development) may be needed.
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's final Mock
    1.20 - Tailiese Fuaga, OT, Oregon St
    2.51 - Zach Frazier, C, WVU
    3.84 - Luke Mccaffery, WR, Rice
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.117 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    6.178 - Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Dillon Johnson, RB, Washington

Legend

User Info Menu

If we don't resign Bmac then CB because a Round 1-3 priority. What we do really depends on whether we resign Starks at LT or get a FA at LT. If we do that before the draft then I think our Round 1 options break down in this priority:

1. DL
    2. OG/RT
    3. CB

Keeping Starks or getting a free agent LT will set all the rest of the draft into place. It may in the long term be better to resign Starks than "break the bank" on a player like Jordan Gross, Khalif Barnes or Veron Carey because economically it may allow us to save some money to resign Bmac and possibly a RT.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    If we don't resign Bmac then CB because a Round 1-3 priority. What we do really depends on whether we resign Starks at LT or get a FA at LT. If we do that before the draft then I think our Round 1 options break down in this priority:

1. DL
    2. OG/RT
    3. CB

Keeping Starks or getting a free agent LT will set all the rest of the draft into place. It may in the long term be better to resign Starks than "break the bank" on a player like Jordan Gross, Khalif Barnes or Veron Carey because economically it may allow us to save some money to resign Bmac and possibly a RT.
    Other than Gross, neither of the LT's you mentioned would be a definate upgrade on Starks. And Starks, despite being 'overpaid', will not cost as much as Gross to play for the Steelers next year.

For Chadman, Starks is quite possibly the best option at LT other than a rookie next season.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Nate Wiggins CB
    2. Ricky Pearsall WR
    3. Blake Fisher OT
    3. Mason McCormick OC
    4. Cedric Gray ILB
    6. Jaden Crumedy DT
    6. Tahj Washington WR

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by snarky

Couldn't agree more. I'll be a very happy man if he is no longer on the team next year. It will allow me to refocus on Simmons and Colon as my two least favorite players on the team.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo

1. DL
    2. OG/RT
    3. CB

Other than Gross, neither of the LT's you mentioned would be a definate upgrade on Starks. And Starks, despite being 'overpaid', will not cost as much as Gross to play for the Steelers next year.

For Chadman, Starks is quite possibly the best option at LT other than a rookie next season.
    I totally agree which is why I think Max Starks being resigned will be the FO's first choice. No rookie unless he is a Top 10 pick would be a good option at LT and we will be picking #32 not in the Top 10.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Does anybody know if Heath Miller is a FA? I'd hate to lose him and have to rely on Spaeth.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerBuck
    Does anybody know if Heath Miller is a FA? I'd hate to lose him and have to rely on Spaeth.
    No he won't be a FA, but he should be a top priority for signing a long term extension.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!