Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: No more 4th and Goal.

LasVegasGuy

No more 4th and Goal.

We need to stop going for it period. If I have to watch us get stuffed like a Thansgiving turkey again I am going to lose it. We suck at the goaline end of story.

frunko1

Re: No more 4th and Goal.

i don't mind it, they just need to hand it to parker on 4th and goal. It looks like he has his vision back and will push the pile a bit

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LasVegasGuy
    We need to stop going for it period. If I have to watch us get stuffed like a Thansgiving turkey again I am going to lose it. We suck at the goaline end of story.
    only reason i like going for it is it just seems good things happen if the d needs to come in down there and salvage things. granted...the busted for an 8 or 9 yard play this time but on the next snap it was rivers going down woodley style.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by johnstownsteel
    only reason i like going for it is it just seems good things happen if the d needs to come in down there and salvage things. granted...the busted for an 8 or 9 yard play this time but on the next snap it was rivers going down woodley style.
    Sad thing is, he may very well have gotten it had he not fumbled the snap.

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelTorch
    Quote Originally Posted by johnstownsteel
    Sad thing is, he may very well have gotten it had he not fumbled the snap.
    this is true..

Starter

User Info Menu

Haha, way to search for the one negative thing that happened to the Steelers today and start a new thread about it. Classic.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

LVG,

I can't say "never" go for it. I like the idea of pinning them deep and letting our aggressive defense play stout... I hate the choice of backs. C. Davis? He missed 3 3rd down conversions.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I didnt mind that they went for it in this case as the game wasnt on the line and i enjoy seeing the D shoot for a safety.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ASIAN

LVG,

I can't say "never" go for it. I like the idea of pinning them deep and letting our aggressive defense play stout... I hate the choice of backs. C. Davis? He missed 3 3rd down conversions.
    I totally agree. Quit trying to be cute. JUST give it to RUSSELL until they stop him

FB's can't get no momentum coming from 3 yards deep. Russell can at least use his momentum at contact to roll, spin or fight for another yard.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ASIAN

LVG,

You got it....C. Davis on short yardage? The guy has absolutely NO burst whatsoever. Why was he the 3rd down back?? I think this is a classic case of Arians outthinking himself. Moore as shown he is 10x the third down back that Davis is.

BTW, I would go for it early in the game but point the 3 pts after the 3rd quarter.

Tomlin is certainly the anti-Cowher in this regard.