Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I will now give Whiz credit..

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: I will now give Whiz credit..

Quote Originally Posted by LasVegasGuy
    Tomlin has big shoes to fill. Tomorrow we could be looking at the one we let get away being 2-0 in the playoffs to the guy we had to have being 0-2 in the playoffs.

Pressure is squarely on Tomlin's shoulders. And if it helps Mike won't be on the road, he won't be a 10 point underdog and he will have all his recievers. That should help take off some of the pressure.

Tomlin is not competing against Whiz. He will be coaching against the Chargers. Everything you predicted about Tomlin up to this point has been incorrect. Figured by now you would let go of your anti Tomlin feelings because of the success he's helped bring to this organization. I think some of us know why you continue to have those feelings. You make it so obvious.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL
    Tomlin has big shoes to fill. Tomorrow we could be looking at the one we let get away being 2-0 in the playoffs to the guy we had to have being 0-2 in the playoffs.

Pressure is squarely on Tomlin's shoulders. And if it helps Mike won't be on the road, he won't be a 10 point underdog and he will have all his recievers. That should help take off some of the pressure.

Tomlin is not competing against Whiz. He will be coaching against the Chargers. Everything you predicted about Tomlin up to this point has been incorrect. Figured by now you would let go of your anti Tomlin feelings because of the success he's helped bring to this organization. I think some of us know why you continue to have those feelings. You make it so obvious.
    Tomlin has nothing to prove or to compete with Wiz. Wiz has been blessed to have the best WRs in pro football and a MVP QB who has found the fountain of youth. They were all there before he went there so its not like he did anything. Congrats on the win but I will take Tomlin regardless of the outcome today because Tomlin is built for the long haul and he doesn't have to prove jack compared to any other coach particularly one who backed into the playoffs playing in an abyssmal division.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Tomlin has nothing to prove regarding Whiz... it's like a Favre fan comparing Favre in NY to Rogers in GB...

Pressure is on Tomlin to beat SD.. period. If Whiz makes the SB it proves that Whiz can win in the NFC.... I don't understand how some think Whiz's success equals Tomlin or the Steelers demise.. anyone who sees a Whiz win as a Tomlin loss really has it in for Tomlin and the Steelers...

I'm happy he has AZ clicking.. they are fun to watch and Fitz is crazy good.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kennyes
    If Arizona had any thing close to Steelers or AFC north schedules this thread more than likely doesn't exist. If Arizona doesn't play in the NFC west this thread might not exist either IMO.

Does that really matter anymore since he has 2 playoff wins? Are you going to say that crap if they win the Super Bowl? At some point you forget about how they got there and start giving credit where credit is due.
    I'll give credit to Whiz and the Arizona crew. They played a really good game. I was impressed. I wanted Carolina to win mainly because I don't want to see the Giants in SB again and I though Carolina would give them a tougher game in the Meadowlands than what Arizona will give them. I guess, I have to hope that the Eagles beat the g-men today and then it's a mute point.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL

You sir, get one of these:

*ding*

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo

MVP QB who has found the fountain of youth.
    You gotta give Whiz credit though for being man enough to bench a #1 pick for Warner...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jom112
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo

MVP QB who has found the fountain of youth.
    You gotta give Whiz credit though for being man enough to bench a #1 pick for Warner...
    Sometimes that's not up to the coach though. In Buffalo Wade Phillips wanted to play Flutie, who was just winning games and the owner told him he had to play Rob Johnson. He had NO choice.

I give credit to Whiz but also to the FO for letting him make the decision, which is what they're supposed to do.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kennyes
    If Arizona had any thing close to Steelers or AFC north schedules this thread more than likely doesn't exist. If Arizona doesn't play in the NFC west this thread might not exist either IMO.

Does that really matter anymore since he has 2 playoff wins?
    i think it matters... the Pats quite possibly could have won playoff games. But, they're not there. Put 'em in AZ's division and AZ's not in the dance at all.

that doesn't mean they didn't put together 2 good games...

Are you going to say that crap if they win the Super Bowl?
    Nope. if they GET TO the super bowl, it will be forgotten. all the talk will be about Kurt Warner's resurgence, not about Whiz... execpt among Steeler fans. especially those who wanted Whiz - or just NOT Tomlin.

At some point you forget about how they got there and start giving credit where credit is due.
    we're not at that point yet - has anybody stopped talking about the tuck rule... sometimes it matters.
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Early April Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Kool-Aid McKinstry, CB, Alabama
    2.51 - Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan
    3.84 -Sedrick Van Pran-Granger, C, Georgia
    3.98 -<tbd>
    4.117 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    6.178 - Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Dillon Johnson, RB, Washington

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Respect to Whiz. I never thought he could do it but he doing just awesome right now.
    ours is not to wonder why just invert and multiply...