Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Other NFL Teams Bar in Pittsburgh?

Legend

Re: Other NFL Teams Bar in Pittsburgh?

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    Quote Originally Posted by rpmpit
    Not sure about any other team bars in Pittsburgh. But I agree with you guys who said you doubted it.

This post reminds me of a story I saw about a Chiefs bar in Philly. I think it was established by a group of guys who were fans of Vermeil and switched from the Eagles over to the Chiefs when Vermeil became their HC.

I wonder how many fans the Steeler Nation will lose when Cowher takes a job somewhere else?? I'm guessing ZERO.
    You sure there aren't some guys planning to start Whisenhunt's Hideaway...an Arizona Cardinals Experience?
    Maybe a Steeler bar in Pittsburgh could have an Arizona Cardinal themed restroom. After plenty of , Steeler fans will surely need to relieve themselves. Perhaps they could "Take a Whis" in a urinal with a Cardinals logo on it?

I worry about those "fans" that want to bow down at the alter of Whis, though.

That image takes the "taking a Whiz" phrase to a whole different level.

Actually there used to be a Browns bar in the North Hills right on Babcock blvd. It used to be called the Oregon Bar and Grill, it has recently been renovated and sold. But I remember going there with a group of buddies and we ask the bartender to put on the Steeler Game and they refused because they said it was a Browns bar.

We were so upset because we already ordered like 6 pitchers of Rolling Rock and IC Light.

So we chugged Beer like we were back in college.
    He who forgets, will be destined to remember.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLebowski
    We were so upset because we already ordered like 6 pitchers of Rolling Rock and IC Light.

So we chugged Beer like we were back in college.
    The Steeler Nation appreciates your selfless sacrifice.
    Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

[quote=stlrz d]
    Quote Originally Posted by "stlrz d":3mn8lpm4
    Not sure about any other team bars in Pittsburgh. But I agree with you guys who said you doubted it.

This post reminds me of a story I saw about a Chiefs bar in Philly. I think it was established by a group of guys who were fans of Vermeil and switched from the Eagles over to the Chiefs when Vermeil became their HC.

I wonder how many fans the Steeler Nation will lose when Cowher takes a job somewhere else?? I'm guessing ZERO.
    You sure there aren't some guys planning to start Whisenhunt's Hideaway...an Arizona Cardinals Experience?
    Maybe a Steeler bar in Pittsburgh could have an Arizona Cardinal themed restroom. After plenty of , Steeler fans will surely need to relieve themselves. Perhaps they could "Take a Whis" in a urinal with a Cardinals logo on it?

That image takes the "taking a Whiz" phrase to a whole different level. [/quote:3mn8lpm4]

Is he bobbing for breath mints? LMAO!!

No 'themed' bars in my area of WV, but all the Applebee's in our area are decked out in Steelers stuff.

Pro Bowler
    Lakewood, Ohio: On the Stairway TO SEVEN!!!

Dude, did you live under power lines as a kid? Eat paint chips? Maybe both?
    Steelers...On The STAIRWAY TO SEVEN!!!
    http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/1...etsteelfk7.jpg
    ASIAN... thanks, brotha!

Ruthless, you scare me with the images you somehow produce from elsewhere... either you google a lot or you have a bank of images from your collegiate days that seem very appropriate.

Pro Bowler
    Lakewood, Ohio: On the Stairway TO SEVEN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AkronSteel
    There are a ton of Steelers bars here in NE Ohio! The thing is.....is there never used to be prior to 1995. When the Stains left and went to Baltimore it seemed like alot of new Steelers fans popped up! Interesting considering how much of a Browns Town this used to be. Not that I'm complaining....I actually get more compliments now for my Steelers gear than sneers!! Gotta love it!! Here we go Steelers, here we go!!!

Nice....thats #500...finally a STARTER, that rocks!!! Gotta be a good omen for this weekend, can't hurt anyway!
    Welcome to the starting team!

All the Winking Lizards in the Cleveland/Akron/Canton area have a Steeler fan presence to one degree or another. That probably goes for the two in Columbus as well.

But there are several Steelers bars in Cleveland because Steelers fans know good football when we see it. The Blue Moose in Parma gets a big Steelers crowd whenever they aren't on locally. Same with Rivals in Middleburg Heights.

In this week's Scene (Cleveland's free alternative weekly), Rivals is advertising a "Steelers Party" starting at 2:00 p.m. with food and drink specials. I know they aren't fooling around because I was there for the Tennessee game and it was wall-to-wall Black and Gold. The club holds well in excess of 100 in three different rooms. There weren't any Clowns fans that I remember seeing.

I'd say between Rivals, the Blue Moose and the varying Winking Lizards, there will be a especially strong Steelers presence in Cleveland watering holes this Sunday in particular.
    Steelers...On The STAIRWAY TO SEVEN!!!
    http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/1...etsteelfk7.jpg
    ASIAN... thanks, brotha!

Backup

I can think of a few that have now migrated to this site...