Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Other NFL Teams Bar in Pittsburgh?

Starter

Other NFL Teams Bar in Pittsburgh?

my family is from greensburg, pa...i do not go to pittsburgh unless i'm going to a steelers, pirates, pitt, or penguins game so i do not know the area as well as people that live in pittsburgh...

i have a question: are there other teams bars in pittsburgh? i would almost bet there wouldn't be, but you never know...i do not think there are, but i just wanted some confirmation...

i thought of this because i looked up and researched all the steelers bars in san diego and thought how ticked off i would be if there were other teams bars in my teams city...isn't it amazing that no matter where you go, no matter what NFL town you are in, there are steelers bars across the nation?
    "The standard is the standard" Mike Tomlin

Legend

Re: Other NFL Teams Bar in Pittsburgh?

There's a Bears bar in Green Bay but that's it.

Pro Bowler

I've lived here almost my entire life and have never seen another bar for another team.

Pro Bowler

There are a ton of Steelers bars here in NE Ohio! The thing is.....is there never used to be prior to 1995. When the Stains left and went to Baltimore it seemed like alot of new Steelers fans popped up! Interesting considering how much of a Browns Town this used to be. Not that I'm complaining....I actually get more compliments now for my Steelers gear than sneers!! Gotta love it!! Here we go Steelers, here we go!!!

Nice....thats #500...finally a STARTER, that rocks!!! Gotta be a good omen for this weekend, can't hurt anyway!
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6946&dateline=1338146203 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1338146203</a>

That one of the things that I thought was awesome about Pittsburgh and my trip back last year. It was all black and gold. Their were no other teams jerseys or gear being sold, it seemed to be a one team city. (I hadn't been back in 30+ years).

But here in San Diego you can find many Steeler bars, and a Packer, Bears Cowboys and Raider bar from time to time.

Today was jersey day at my son's school, and he wore his new Troy jersey Santa got him, and they have a Friday flag ceremony so my wife wore her Parker jersey, and got some friendly feed back. Junior Seau's brother is my son's PE teacher, and he wasn't wearing a jersey, but he made a point to tell my son that he has a Troy jersey and Troy is his favorite player! And he is rooting for him, then he went on to say that Junior is really a Raider fan.

The thing that struck my wife funny was that all the other Mom's were talking about how they all had to go out last night to buy their kids Charger jersey's last night or earlier in the week because they didn't own one, whereas my kid had go to his closet to decide whether he was going to wear his Ben, his Troy, his Parker, or the throwback Lambert.

The Charger fans are the epitome of "fair weather fans".

Pro Bowler

Not sure about any other team bars in Pittsburgh. But I agree with you guys who said you doubted it.

This post reminds me of a story I saw about a Chiefs bar in Philly. I think it was established by a group of guys who were fans of Vermeil and switched from the Eagles over to the Chiefs when Vermeil became their HC.

I wonder how many fans the Steeler Nation will lose when Cowher takes a job somewhere else?? I'm guessing ZERO.

SD has it right. So Cal is schitzophrenic. The Chargers fans are coming out of the walls, but they all have other teams they pull for, too. Very little loyalty, unless you're from elsewhere.

We were in SD today (Clairmont, PQ and the I-15 corridor) and saw other Steelers fans represented. There were Chargers fans out and about, but the low numbers would surprise most of you. Also saw a Packers fan in his gear, a bunch of Raiders fans in theirs, and many Steelers fans, like I said.

The media on the other hand (XX radio 1090 am) has the Steelers losing, and some say we lose big. Craziness. This is why I was hoping Denver would win the conference.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    http://www.anewsong.com

My son's first Kansas Turkey!

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by mshifko
    my family is from greensburg, pa...i do not go to pittsburgh unless i'm going to a steelers, pirates, pitt, or penguins game so i do not know the area as well as people that live in pittsburgh...

i have a question: are there other teams bars in pittsburgh? i would almost bet there wouldn't be, but you never know...i do not think there are, but i just wanted some confirmation...

i thought of this because i looked up and researched all the steelers bars in san diego and thought how ticked off i would be if there were other teams bars in my teams city...isn't it amazing that no matter where you go, no matter what NFL town you are in, there are steelers bars across the nation?
    No there are not.

The reason other cities have Steelers bars is demand.

All us Pittsburghers have to leave to get jobs.

There's no influx of people from any particular region coming to Pittsburgh for jobs.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by rpmpit
    Not sure about any other team bars in Pittsburgh. But I agree with you guys who said you doubted it.

This post reminds me of a story I saw about a Chiefs bar in Philly. I think it was established by a group of guys who were fans of Vermeil and switched from the Eagles over to the Chiefs when Vermeil became their HC.

I wonder how many fans the Steeler Nation will lose when Cowher takes a job somewhere else?? I'm guessing ZERO.
    You sure there aren't some guys planning to start Whisenhunt's Hideaway...an Arizona Cardinals Experience?

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    Quote Originally Posted by rpmpit

You sure there aren't some guys planning to start Whisenhunt's Hideaway...an Arizona Cardinals Experience?
    Maybe a Steeler bar in Pittsburgh could have an Arizona Cardinal themed restroom. After plenty of , Steeler fans will surely need to relieve themselves. Perhaps they could "Take a Whis" in a urinal with a Cardinals logo on it?

I worry about those "fans" that want to bow down at the alter of Whis, though.