13 44.83%
  • Titans

16 55.17%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: One of them has to win tomorrow

Pro Bowler

Re: One of them has to win tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by jhansle1
    Either way its going to be a tough game. I honestly am not afraid of the Ratbirds. We know what to expect, and Flacco is going to $hit himself once in these playoff games. I would like it to be against us in the AFC Championship Game at home.

HOWEVER, I really want another stab at the Titans. Another good team, but I want revenge on that terrible towel incident and I bet the players do too. That will be an easy motivational tactic that Tomlin will surely use.

I bet that will be on replay on all the tvs, all week at the Steelers complex if the Titans win.

I'm torn, but I really this it's advantage Steelers, at home, against a rookie QB.
    This is EXACTLY how I feel. Though I'm leaning a bit more towards the Ravens so we're at home.

I want another crack at the Titans. If the Ratbirds win they come to our house and we beat them, then all the bauble heads will rant about how the Titans would of beaten us instead of getting to the big dance via a team we owned in 2008. Plus a terrilbe towel needs to be shoved up Lendale White's rectum. You just don't put out that bad karma on our team's iconic symbol. To top it off, prior to this season, we had to face the toughest schedule and our mantra throughout 2008 was "You have to beat the best to be the best." We haven't done that because the Titans have been the best this season, and I want a crack at "the best"... when it matters most.

I usually like to beat the teams that beat us already if possible. While it doesn't erase a loss during the season, it makes me feel that we actually win when it counts most. For that reason, if we are successful tomorrow I want the Titans next and either the Eagles or Giants in the SB should we make it that far.

I'm not looking for an "easier" game as there are no easy games in the playoffs. I would rather have a little revenge.

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

Both teams have excellent defenses and tough running games featuring multiple RB's that can beat you. Very similar teams overall.

However, Tennessee beat us 31-14.

We beat the Baltimore twice already.

Tennessess had 5 sacks in their 1 game against us when their top 2 pass rushers were injured, including 3.5 from a rookie injury replacement. Haynesworth and Vanden Bosch are back now.

Baltimore had 6 sacks in their 2 games against us, 3 in each game.

Tennessee has a veteran QB who lead his team to a conference championship game a dozen years ago.

Baltimore has a rookie QB who was 9 of 23 for 135 yards in his first playoff start.

Tennessee finished with the best record in football, earning the #1 seed, meaning we would have to travel to Nashville to play them this week.

Baltimore finished behind us in our own division, and only made the playoffs as the #6 seed because of a conference record tiebreaker over New England.

The only argument that I have heard about why people don't want to play Baltimore is because it is hard to beat a team 3 times in one season. Why is that? We have done it before, most recently to the Browns in the '02 season. I would think it would be harder for a team to have to go into the building of a team in a Conference Championship game, when that team has beaten you twice already that season.

I don't think the Ravens will win today, but I would rather they win (and not only because I will have tickets next weekend if we play them). The atmosphere would be insane playing against a bitter rival for the right to go to the Super Bowl. That game could be epic.

Terrell Suggs calls himself T-Sizzle ???
    What a jerk (we knew that already), OK what a narcissistic AH.
    I hope they lose because of him and he breaks his own leg.
    PLEASE DO NOT FEED THE TROLL

Legend

as much as I want to repay the Titans.. I think the Ravens win this running away...

Reed and McClain... Ravens by 10.

Legend

McClain is hurt...

definitely want the Ravens to win now..

Pro Bowler
    Lakewood, Ohio: On the Stairway TO SEVEN!!!

So far, the Titans are giving this game away.

The Rattards O cannot win this game. The D will have to either score or get the O in point blank range.

There's less than 27 minutes left, so we'll see
    Steelers...On The STAIRWAY TO SEVEN!!!
    http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/1...etsteelfk7.jpg
    ASIAN... thanks, brotha!

Pro Bowler

i'm an 'all or nothing' kinda guy. how glorious would it be to defeat the ratbirds at home for the third time this year in the AFCCG?? If we go on to win the SB over the carcass of baltimore wouldn't that be delicious? on the other hand, i'm not afraid of either team and i'm pretty sure the steelers aren't either. first things first though, take care of SD tomorrow.....

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by buckeyehoppy
    So far, the Titans are giving this game away.

The Rattards O cannot win this game. The D will have to either score or get the O in point blank range.

There's less than 27 minutes left, so we'll see

sure about that? Looks like the Ravens are taking it.. Titans showed how juvenile they could be when they stomped on the towel...

penalties galore... CJ out. TO's.. you know how this should end?

in PA!!!