Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: All Systems GO!!!!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: All Systems GO!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by steelcityrules!!
    while this news is certainly great, i wonder why he called russell a "one-trick-pony"? is he only good for a 2 yard dive?

i happen to think he's under-utilized in the offense, but what the F do I know.
    If you read it again he's referring to running "downhill". Meaning that Russell doesn't mess around, he just runs downhill on every play.

Legend

User Info Menu

[quote=stlrz d]
    Quote Originally Posted by "steelcityrules!!":5kvirdbs
    while this news is certainly great, i wonder why he called russell a "one-trick-pony"? is he only good for a 2 yard dive?

If you read it again he's referring to running "downhill". Meaning that Russell doesn't mess around, he just runs downhill on every play.[/quote:5kvirdbs]

Yeah, that's how I took it too, D. He said he always runs behind his pads. I like the idea of play action with him in the red zone too. Or, line him up and put Harrison in front of him as a lead blocker!!
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Backup

User Info Menu

[quote=stlrz d]
    Quote Originally Posted by "steelcityrules!!":1qx9jzy0

If you read it again he's referring to running "downhill". Meaning that Russell doesn't mess around, he just runs downhill on every play.[/quote:1qx9jzy0]

I guess i just took the one trick pony thing as a negative. the rest of his comments seemed positive, but he's still under-utilized IMHO... if you call a player a "one trick pony" and rarely use him, even though he's a power runner in a very weak running offense...

maybe I'm just too much.

give him 15 carries this week if there is so much praise, hows that?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

[quote=steelcityrules!!][quote="stlrz d":1mzb909u]
    Quote Originally Posted by "steelcityrules!!":1mzb909u

If you read it again he's referring to running "downhill". Meaning that Russell doesn't mess around, he just runs downhill on every play.[/quote:1mzb909u]

I guess i just took the one trick pony thing as a negative. the rest of his comments seemed positive, but he's still under-utilized IMHO... if you call a player a "one trick pony" and rarely use him, even though he's a power runner in a very weak running offense...

maybe I'm just too much.

give him 15 carries this week if there is so much praise, hows that?[/quote:1mzb909u]

I took it as a negative at first too until I listened to the rest of his comments. I thought it was just a poor choice of words.
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6946&dateline=1338146203 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1338146203</a>

Legend

User Info Menu

The main point is this: we're healthy and ready to rape the villages and pillage the women! WOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION