Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: McFadden's Contract Discussion

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: McFadden's Contract Discussion

If Bmac wants 6 years for $50M then I say see ya later.

The improvement in the pass rush this year has made all the DBs look better.

Use some of that money to extend Woodley now before he has an insane season and prices himself out of the market.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Blount's G
    I agree w/ the idea that signing him for a reasonable amount would be good BUT offensive line has got to take priority at this point in time. It could be the one thing that prevents us from getting a lombardi this year

Good plan, and the observation about our OL this year. If we can keep our pass rush up, we can have good (not great) corners on our team and be just fine.
    go to [URL]http://www.thebreastcancersite.com[/URL] to donate a free mammogram a day to women without health insurance.

Legend

User Info Menu

Don't forget also that we have Roy Lewis (CB) and Ryan Mundy (S) on the practice squad. Both were real close to making the 53 man roster and I think this staff is more commited to developing young players versus getting one that can step in or holding on to one too long.

Our entire secondary has IMO improved since Tomlin came in and Ray Horton took over DBs.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

you let him go.... Gay is more then capable... and McFadden actually looked worse since he returned IMO. Maybe it's because he wasn't up to game speed but unless it's reasonable you have to let him go....
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Starter

User Info Menu

resign him for sure...i'm a big bmac fan, he's a great young corner...
    "The standard is the standard" Mike Tomlin

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

i think the play of William Gay has brought the urgency to sing Bmac down a tad.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10
    i think the play of William Gay has brought the urgency to sing Bmac down a tad.
    yep.. sucks for BMac but his injury showed that Gay is solid and with our LB's.... maybe our DB's are pretty solid regardless.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    Don't forget also that we have Roy Lewis (CB) and Ryan Mundy (S) on the practice squad. Both were real close to making the 53 man roster and I think this staff is more commited to developing young players versus getting one that can step in or holding on to one too long.

Our entire secondary has IMO improved since Tomlin came in and Ray Horton took over DBs.
    Spot on Ov.
    http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ion1/sn1-1.jpg http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ns_44958-1.jpg
    South End Zone...Screaming My Head Off...Every Game! 111 consecutive and counting.

Legend

User Info Menu

He and Nate should have been re-signed this past offseason... I think not re-signing both were mistakes. Said it then and repeating it now.
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Early April Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Kool-Aid McKinstry, CB, Alabama
    2.51 - Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan
    3.84 -Sedrick Van Pran-Granger, C, Georgia
    3.98 -<tbd>
    4.117 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    6.178 - Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Dillon Johnson, RB, Washington

Legend

User Info Menu

The organization will probably like to resign him for the right price. They cannot afford to get into a bidding war with larger market teams in this tough economic time. Think they managed their money closely before? It might get even worse. We might even see a day when the salary capp drops, players have to take pay cuts, renegotiate contracts or get cut. Few teams can afford to over pay for Bmac. Depends on what those teams need and where they want to spend money. It could work in the Steelers favor. I doubt the Steelers over pay him. All mid level FA's might be in for a rude awakening come contract time for several reasons.