Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: OT: I am just not interested in the BCS title game

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: OT: I am just not interested in the BCS title game

I say USC, Utah, Texas and the winner thursday night RENT out neutral sites next saturday night and go at it.

Utah vs. Oklahoma/Florida
    USC vs. Texas

Then the following Saturday, play in a championship.

It could be advertised as an amateur event and done in protest. Some rich tycoon could make it happen.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm watching... I love college football..

I hope it isn't a blow out.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz
    I don't really follow College Football up here in Canada, but I don't get how Texas isn't in the championship with the same record as OU and a win head to head at a neutral site.

BCS is a joke for choosing a championship, but really good at getting lots of colleges lots of $$.
    Texas "should have been in the Championship game... but the way Texas and Texas Tech played didn't bode well for the Big 12 IMO...

I don't understand why USC had no shot at a title with 1 loss... I really don't see how they pick who is the better "1-loss team.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I haven't even watched a game since I was at WVU's bowl game. I could care less honestly. Nothing really excited me this year.
    LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
    Here We Go Steelers!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by calmkiller
    I haven't even watched a game since I was at WVU's bowl game. I could care less honestly. Nothing really excited me this year.
    but you went to all the way to a bowl game but flipping a game on is boring?

I can dig it.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    Quote Originally Posted by calmkiller
    but you went to all the way to a bowl game but flipping a game on is boring?

I can dig it.
    WVU was in the bowl game. WVU isn't on TV. I usually don't even have the TV turned on in the evenings. If I am watching anything its on my computer. So I don't keep up with who is playing at what time other than WVU and Steelers.
    LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
    Here We Go Steelers!

Legend

User Info Menu

I was only interested in the Pitt, Penn State, and Tyrell Pryor games.

The all lost of course.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

The BCS is killing college football. They really need to go to a playoff system! They say that they don't want the regular season to be meaningless but all the bowl games that have been played the last couple weeks are meaningless. It just kills me that teams like USC and Utah don't get a chance at the national championship because computers and people don't feel like they are worthy of a spot in the game.....what a joke?!?!? I think they need to go to a 16 team playoff where all the conference champions (no matter what conference) get a spot in the playoffs. Then the remaining spots would be filled by at-large teams. So you would have 11 conference champions and 5 at-large teams! Notre Dame since they are the spoiled ones, errrr an independent, would get an automatic bid if they were ranked above 12 in the AP rankings at the end of the year!

This year the seeding would look something like this:

1 - Oklahoma
    16 - Troy

8 - Cincinnati
    9 - Boise State

4 - Penn State
    13 - Virginia Tech

5 - Utah
    12 - Texas Tech*

3 - USC
    14 - Georgia*

6 - Texas*
    11 - TCU

7 - Alabama*
    10 - Ohio State*

2 - Florida
    15 - Buffalo

* indicates at-large teams

This scenario gives every team in the country a chance at the national title. If you win your conference then you are in. For the bigger conference teams they get a chance to win a national title with an at-large bid, if they show they are worthy of being in the tournament. The tournament would be played over a four week period spanning December and January....heck we're stuck watching crap bowl games for the long anyway. They could start the season sooner, say last week in August....remove one of the regular season games since it is usually a useless mismatch anyway and let the kids decide their fate on the field. The early round games could be played on Friday night and Saturday, so not to conflict with the NFL. This is a much better system, in my opinion, than what is currently deciding such a big part of sports in our country.
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6946&dateline=1338146203 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1338146203</a>

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

That looks good, but you left out Notre Dame.

Quote Originally Posted by AkronSteel
    The BCS is killing college football. They really need to go to a playoff system! They say that they don't want the regular season to be meaningless but all the bowl games that have been played the last couple weeks are meaningless. It just kills me that teams like USC and Utah don't get a chance at the national championship because computers and people don't feel like they are worthy of a spot in the game.....what a joke?!?!? I think they need to go to a 16 team playoff where all the conference champions (no matter what conference) get a spot in the playoffs. Then the remaining spots would be filled by at-large teams. So you would have 11 conference champions and 5 at-large teams! Notre Dame since they are the spoiled ones, errrr an independent, would get an automatic bid if they were ranked above 12 in the AP rankings at the end of the year!

This year the seeding would look something like this:

1 - Oklahoma
    16 - Troy

8 - Cincinnati
    9 - Boise State

4 - Penn State
    13 - Virginia Tech

5 - Utah
    12 - Texas Tech*

3 - USC
    14 - Georgia*

6 - Texas*
    11 - TCU

7 - Alabama*
    10 - Ohio State*

2 - Florida
    15 - Buffalo

* indicates at-large teams

This scenario gives every team in the country a chance at the national title. If you win your conference then you are in. For the bigger conference teams they get a chance to win a national title with an at-large bid, if they show they are worthy of being in the tournament. The tournament would be played over a four week period spanning December and January....heck we're stuck watching crap bowl games for the long anyway. They could start the season sooner, say last week in August....remove one of the regular season games since it is usually a useless mismatch anyway and let the kids decide their fate on the field. The early round games could be played on Friday night and Saturday, so not to conflict with the NFL. This is a much better system, in my opinion, than what is currently deciding such a big part of sports in our country.
    Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.

Legend

User Info Menu

sounds good as far as the top 16 but I think the top 12 with the top 4 getting a bye would work better...

that way 11 champs get in and the top indie team gets in.... it would force ND to either get in the big 10 or never smell a playoff ever again. I hate'em...

any way... I really don't want to see Troy or 4 SEC teams in a playoff.. every year the SEC claims 3 teams who are BCS title contenders...and 2 of them end up getting blown out in their bowl against "so-called" lesser competition.

Only the winner of the conference should be able to compete for the BCS title IMO...