Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 39

Thread: OT: I am just not interested in the BCS title game

  1. #21
    Starter
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    RIDICULOUS COMPETITOR, OH
    Posts
    686

    Re: OT: I am just not interested in the BCS title game

    i'll watch...but i'm not excited about the game i'll tell you that...after what happened monday night and what happened to pitt, i'll probably stick to xbox 360 for the night
    "The standard is the standard" Mike Tomlin

  2. #22
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,131

    Re: OT: I am just not interested in the BCS title game

    Quote Originally Posted by mshifko
    i'll watch...but i'm not excited about the game i'll tell you that...after what happened monday night and what happened to pitt, i'll probably stick to xbox 360 for the night
    dude you can't be mad about either of those games... Pitt looked so bad, well the QB and play calling that is.. that you have to think Cavanaugh was paid off or Shady is going pro so we limited his touches. Lately I'm seeing a lot of "NFL leaning" players getting hurt right before bowl games...

    and tOSU
    I really think the Vest lost 3 straight cause he kept going to Beckman.. that guy just doesn't have it as a QB IMO... Pryor showed what tOSU has missed... speed and escapability... dude can't throw for tihs though...

  3. #23
    agdci981
    Guest

    Re: OT: I am just not interested in the BCS title game

    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz
    I don't really follow College Football up here in Canada, but I don't get how Texas isn't in the championship with the same record as OU and a win head to head at a neutral site.

    BCS is a joke for choosing a championship, but really good at getting lots of colleges lots of $$.
    Texas "should have been in the Championship game... but the way Texas and Texas Tech played didn't bode well for the Big 12 IMO...

    I don't understand why USC had no shot at a title with 1 loss... I really don't see how they pick who is the better "1-loss team.
    Pretty simple....USC lost to Oregon State who is a lesser team than Texas.

    The only time I feel sorry for any team crying about how they should get a shot at the national title game is when a team like Utah goes undefeated and blows out a top team like Bama and still has no shot. THAT is only time. USC...you want to play for national title, then go undefeated in your conference and don't lose to a team like Oregon State. It is that simple.

  4. #24
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Akron, OH
    Posts
    1,272

    Re: OT: I am just not interested in the BCS title game

    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    sounds good as far as the top 16 but I think the top 12 with the top 4 getting a bye would work better...

    that way 11 champs get in and the top indie team gets in.... it would force ND to either get in the big 10 or never smell a playoff ever again. I hate'em...

    any way... I really don't want to see Troy or 4 SEC teams in a playoff.. every year the SEC claims 3 teams who are BCS title contenders...and 2 of them end up getting blown out in their bowl against "so-called" lesser competition.

    Only the winner of the conference should be able to compete for the BCS title IMO...
    I just think that a 16 team playoff gives other teams the oppurtunity to play for the title. I hear what you are saying about the SEC and maybe a limit of 2 per conference would help that like the BCS has now. I actually looked at it the other way b/c I felt that Texas Tech got cheated this year because they lost one game and then didn't get a BCS bid because of the 2 per conference rule. I thought they should have played in the BCS above the Buckeyes and I'm an Ohio State fan. I just thought Texas Tech was a more deserving team.

    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6946&dateline=1338146203 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1338146203</a>

  5. #25
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hotlanta
    Posts
    2,063

    Re: OT: I am just not interested in the BCS title game

    I'll watch tonight because I think it wil be a good game but, damn, they drag the bowl games on ridiculously long. I know they are trying to peak interest and have the game by itself but my Christmas decorations are down, I'm back to work from the holidays, and the first week of the NFL playoffs have occurred. I'm over college football for the season. Take this game back to New Year's Day.

  6. #26
    Starter
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    RIDICULOUS COMPETITOR, OH
    Posts
    686

    Re: OT: I am just not interested in the BCS title game

    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    Quote Originally Posted by mshifko
    i'll watch...but i'm not excited about the game i'll tell you that...after what happened monday night and what happened to pitt, i'll probably stick to xbox 360 for the night
    dude you can't be mad about either of those games... Pitt looked so bad, well the QB and play calling that is.. that you have to think Cavanaugh was paid off or Shady is going pro so we limited his touches. Lately I'm seeing a lot of "NFL leaning" players getting hurt right before bowl games...

    and tOSU
    I really think the Vest lost 3 straight cause he kept going to Beckman.. that guy just doesn't have it as a QB IMO... Pryor showed what tOSU has missed... speed and escapability... dude can't throw for tihs though...
    the pitt game was a disgrace...cavanaugh's gameplan was horrific...stull is not a division 1 QB...

    as for the tOSU game...boeckman should have played a little bit more actually, i love pryor but he couldn't complete a hitch route against texas...pryor will be a major contributor next year and will win a ton of games as a buckeye...i'm not a big fan of tressel in big games, oh well as said as it is i'll take that game over a shalacking on the national stage
    "The standard is the standard" Mike Tomlin

  7. #27
    Pro Bowler Lebsteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    SW Ohio
    Posts
    1,007

    Re: OT: I am just not interested in the BCS title game

    I will definitely be watching. I love college football. WE ARE Penn State! We need more Nittany Lions on the Steelers

    Well, OK, maybe not, but I would like to see us draft Gerald Cadogan, the PSU LT. Very bright guy as well as a very good Offensive Lineman.

    I think Florida will probably win because there defense is a little tougher and they have the ultimate weapon, TEBOW!

  8. #28
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,131

    Re: OT: I am just not interested in the BCS title game

    Quote Originally Posted by agdci981
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz
    I don't really follow College Football up here in Canada, but I don't get how Texas isn't in the championship with the same record as OU and a win head to head at a neutral site.

    BCS is a joke for choosing a championship, but really good at getting lots of colleges lots of $$.
    Texas "should have been in the Championship game... but the way Texas and Texas Tech played didn't bode well for the Big 12 IMO...

    I don't understand why USC had no shot at a title with 1 loss... I really don't see how they pick who is the better "1-loss team.
    Pretty simple....USC lost to Oregon State who is a lesser team than Texas.

    The only time I feel sorry for any team crying about how they should get a shot at the national title game is when a team like Utah goes undefeated and blows out a top team like Bama and still has no shot. THAT is only time. USC...you want to play for national title, then go undefeated in your conference and don't lose to a team like Oregon State. It is that simple.
    I disagree on the Oregon State loss.. What makes Florida's loss to Ole Miss any better?

    and as we see the Big 12 was over rated this year thus far...

    Utah deserved a shot but we didn't know it until after the beat down of Alabama...
    there is no reason they shouldn't get votes though.. especially if the game is a struggle or looks like the Texas vs. Ohio State game.

    if USC has to go undefeated then why shouldn't OU or Florida?

  9. #29
    Administrator steelz09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    3,466

    Re: OT: I am just not interested in the BCS title game

    Quote Originally Posted by agdci981
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz
    I don't really follow College Football up here in Canada, but I don't get how Texas isn't in the championship with the same record as OU and a win head to head at a neutral site.

    BCS is a joke for choosing a championship, but really good at getting lots of colleges lots of $$.
    Texas "should have been in the Championship game... but the way Texas and Texas Tech played didn't bode well for the Big 12 IMO...

    I don't understand why USC had no shot at a title with 1 loss... I really don't see how they pick who is the better "1-loss team.
    Pretty simple....USC lost to Oregon State who is a lesser team than Texas.

    The only time I feel sorry for any team crying about how they should get a shot at the national title game is when a team like Utah goes undefeated and blows out a top team like Bama and still has no shot. THAT is only time. USC...you want to play for national title, then go undefeated in your conference and don't lose to a team like Oregon State. It is that simple.
    So Oklahoma should get in because they run up the score when the games are out of hand? That's why they got in. I've seen several times this year where USC "let up" (including against Penn St... and i like psu) where they could have continued to throw the ball and run up the score but didn't. Texas barely beat a team that USC absolutely dominated. Utah got screwed too. The BCS and college football in general is a joke until they get a playoff system. It shouldn't matter who that 1-loss team is against.. anyone can have a let-down game.. a loss is a loss is a loss...

    And to be honest, I don't want to hear the argument about the pac being terrible and such. The SEC hasn't exactly lit things up this bowl season. Honestly, I think teams such as USC would do just as well in the SEC because they have to PREPARE each game because they're facing better talent. And lets face it, athletically, and talent wise.. Florida is the only team that rivals them.

    I feel that USC gets to confident and think these slouch teams can't beat them before the game even starts and thats why they have that let down. Too confident...

    I'd be much more interested if the game was Florida vs. USC ... but either way college football sucks

  10. #30
    Administrator steelz09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    3,466

    Re: OT: I am just not interested in the BCS title game

    Oh, and one more thing about college football.

    Ever since super midget "or whatever you call it" football (youngest age) coaches teach good sportsmanship.

    Then, in the NFL, sportsmanship is brought up again. Teams "kneel" when the game is over because there's no need to score again.. GAME OVER.

    However, in COLLEGE football, you have to RUN up the points because the COMPUTER doesn't know the difference, it likes "STYLE POINTS". The concept of needing "STYLE POINTS" is ridiculous and completely goes against the concept of "SPORTSMANSHIP". Why is it necessary to score another touchdown when the scores 53-7? Because, the COMPUTER says so, thats why... But yet any human being watching the game knows theres no difference and that you wouldn't reward a team an extra point (or whatever it is) because they scored again and made it 60-7. It's sad. I would think that our society is more intelligent than that and the right people would realize that its unfair and inaccurate.

    There is no sportsmanship in college, none at all, as long as the BCS is involved. And it's sad that every other level (including the NFL) preaches sportsmanship but the "true academic, college" level doesn't...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •