Thread: Bengals Mock Draft Version 1.0...

Pro Bowler

Bengals Mock Draft Version 1.0...

1st Round
    Michael Oher, OT, Ole Miss
    6'5" 318 lbs.
    Analysis: Been going back and fourth between Monroe and Oher. I've decided on Oher for now because he is more durable.

2nd Round
    Clint Sintim, OLB/DE Virginia
    6'3" 254 lbs.
    Analysis: Now that Selvie is not declaring, hopefully we can get Sintim in the 2nd to fix our pass rushing issues.

3rd Round
    Devin Moore, RB, Wyoming
    5' 10" 191 lbs.
    Analysis: Speed demon. I was big on Chris Johnson last year, this year I'm hoping we improve our team speed by adding Moore.

4th Round
    Antoine Caldwell, Center, Alabama
    6'3" 294 lbs.
    Analysis: I think Mack and Unger will be gone by the time we pick in the 2nd, so we wait until the 3rd or 4th to draft a Center.

4th Round (Compensation)
    Mark Parson, CB, Ohio
    5'10" 193 lbs.
    Analysis: Really quick and adds depth to our secondary. Might not last this long but at 5'10 from a smaller school he might slip into the 4th.

5th Round
    Brannan Southerland, FB, Georgia
    6' 0" 240 lbs.
    Analysis: We need a quality FB. Southerland looks to be one of the best blocking FB in the drafts.

6th Round:
    Kevin Huber, Punter, Cincinnati
    6'1" 220 lbs.
    Analysis: Everyone knows by now that Larson blows. Lets get the best punter in the draft instead of a 6th round project player.

7th Round:
    Terrill Byrd, DT, Cincinnati
    6'1" 290 lbs.
    Analysis: Hopefully he'll still be around. Byrd has some good potential and could replace Thornton in the rotation.

Notes:

- I think we'll get a 3rd or 4th round compensatory pick for losing Madieu Williams and Justin Smith. I know Odom eliminates some of that, but Justin Smith was a high 1st round pick and Williams was a 2nd round pick. We should be able to at least get a 4th rounder out of that. I really hope we get a 3rd round comp like we did for Steinbach, but I'm not holding my breath.

Let me know what you guys think...

Re: Bengals Mock Draft Version 1.0...

Quote Originally Posted by Jom112
    1st Round
    Michael Oher, OT, Ole Miss
    6'5" 318 lbs.
    Analysis: Been going back and fourth between Monroe and Oher. I've decided on Oher for now because he is more durable.

2nd Round
    Clint Sintim, OLB/DE Virginia
    6'3" 254 lbs.
    Analysis: Now that Selvie is not declaring, hopefully we can get Sintim in the 2nd to fix our pass rushing issues.

3rd Round
    Devin Moore, RB, Wyoming
    5' 10" 191 lbs.
    Analysis: Speed demon. I was big on Chris Johnson last year, this year I'm hoping we improve our team speed by adding Moore.

4th Round
    Antoine Caldwell, Center, Alabama
    6'3" 294 lbs.
    Analysis: I think Mack and Unger will be gone by the time we pick in the 2nd, so we wait until the 3rd or 4th to draft a Center.

4th Round (Compensation)
    Mark Parson, CB, Ohio
    5'10" 193 lbs.
    Analysis: Really quick and adds depth to our secondary. Might not last this long but at 5'10 from a smaller school he might slip into the 4th.

5th Round
    Brannan Southerland, FB, Georgia
    6' 0" 240 lbs.
    Analysis: We need a quality FB. Southerland looks to be one of the best blocking FB in the drafts.

6th Round:
    Kevin Huber, Punter, Cincinnati
    6'1" 220 lbs.
    Analysis: Everyone knows by now that Larson blows. Lets get the best punter in the draft instead of a 6th round project player.

7th Round:
    Terrill Byrd, DT, Cincinnati
    6'1" 290 lbs.
    Analysis: Hopefully he'll still be around. Byrd has some good potential and could replace Thornton in the rotation.

Notes:

- I think we'll get a 3rd or 4th round compensatory pick for losing Madieu Williams and Justin Smith. I know Odom eliminates some of that, but Justin Smith was a high 1st round pick and Williams was a 2nd round pick. We should be able to at least get a 4th rounder out of that. I really hope we get a 3rd round comp like we did for Steinbach, but I'm not holding my breath.

Let me know what you guys think...
    you definitely filled up positions of need there but not hard to do since there are so many. drafting a punter? you do realize you'll be castrated over on the bengals board for that one don't you? lol