Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do we really want Field Turf?

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Do we really want Field Turf?

Quote Originally Posted by flippy

it's kinda goofy how much drama is around every Ben bump and bruise. although this one is a concussion. somehow i expect we'll be playing this up one day as one of Ben's heroic comebacks
    yep.. my first thought was this will be great for the bye week... now the sports writers have something to write about...

I called my cousin and she was like.. nothing serious, just Ben being Ben...
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Shiek
    A hurricane didn't come through and drop 3 days worth of rain on it right before High School playoffs this year...that's why. The turf is still susceptible to those same issues in the future...but I definitely want the grass to stay.

Shif...I like your location choice. I can see/hear Tomlin saying that in my mind...
    got to love tomlinisms haha
    "The standard is the standard" Mike Tomlin

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Field turf is gay
    http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ion1/sn1-1.jpg http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ns_44958-1.jpg
    South End Zone...Screaming My Head Off...Every Game! 111 consecutive and counting.

agdci981

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    Quote Originally Posted by mshifko
    to tell you the truth, i had the opportunity to walk on the heinz field turf before the pitt-wvu game and i was shocked at how soft it was...the sand underneath gave it the turf like feel because field turf has that rubber based applicant underneath...it seemed like a smooth surface and granted they just put the sod down a few days before, but i was impressed with how it looked and how much it gave when you walked on it...it is surpisingly soft

i think heinz field sod is good to go and it will stay...the players prefer it and if you have noticed, this year it seems to be holding up much better than in years prior...
    when I saw the Pitt WVU game I was pleasantly surprised at how good the field looked. Especially since it was after the HS games and that was the last home game for Pitt.
    Didnt they put down a new surface for that game? I am pretty sure the grass for the PITT-WVU game was a completely new surface that had replaced the old one.

agdci981

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerNation1
    Field turf is gay
    Field turf would sure help this offense. An offense that is built on speed but having its home field neutalize it is silly.

Backup

User Info Menu

Keep the grass but I swear...

When people at the sportsbar asked about Ben's injury I laughed it off as more Ben drama...

how the hell does this concussion in a meaningless game get twisted into loving the turf at Heinz field? Ben is a trip... and why did they unscrew his helmet cage like that? I was just thinking about it the other day and bust out laughing...

I almost think he bet a few players if he ever went out on a stretcher he would look like the old FG kicker game where you banged the head to make it kick FG's... or the old Gary Anderson FG bobble heads

anyone remember those?
    I know what you mean.

The team doctors and trainers looked like idiots for overreacting and putting Ben on a stretcher.

I mean, god, it's not like he is a 100 million dollar investment or anything like that......

Legend

User Info Menu

anquan boldin is a drama queen

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by agdci981
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    to tell you the truth, i had the opportunity to walk on the heinz field turf before the pitt-wvu game and i was shocked at how soft it was...the sand underneath gave it the turf like feel because field turf has that rubber based applicant underneath...it seemed like a smooth surface and granted they just put the sod down a few days before, but i was impressed with how it looked and how much it gave when you walked on it...it is surpisingly soft

i think heinz field sod is good to go and it will stay...the players prefer it and if you have noticed, this year it seems to be holding up much better than in years prior...
    when I saw the Pitt WVU game I was pleasantly surprised at how good the field looked. Especially since it was after the HS games and that was the last home game for Pitt.
    Didnt they put down a new surface for that game? I am pretty sure the grass for the PITT-WVU game was a completely new surface that had replaced the old one.
    Yes they did. My question is this: would Ben have felt the same way if it were 20 degrees and the field was frozen solid? That'd be harder than field turf IMHO. Also, Heinz has dodged the bad weather that we've seen in years past so that's helped the situation. I am for the field turf, the stuff is nothing like the old hard astro turf stuff of old.
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Legend

User Info Menu

Lets see what this field looks like this weekend. It has looked great so far but after a rain and a freeze will it crumble like in the past?
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

I agree with both points. I was on Ohio State's field after the Michigan game this year and was also surprised how soft it was. But if they are able to keep the grass at Heinz Field in good shape (like this year), then keep it....I'll always prefer grass over the fake stuff.