Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Carolina???

Legend

Carolina???

OK, I know this is a Steeler board so I will start out saying I thought Cowher would go to Carolina next year cause they always end up 8-8....

anyway.. I really hated the "Carolina is the team to beat" pick that plenty of analyst say at the beginning of the season... but I will admit they exceeded my expectations.. I laughed at posters who said they were going to be good... there run game is legit and if the QB is on they are hard to beat...

all that being said I'm a and still think they will choke. AZ in an upset....

I wouldn't put money on it though...

this is my way of posting I was wrong about Carolina...

Legend

Re: Carolina???

I think they'll get beat by AZ too.

Their defense is mediocre. And Delhomme has been average this year. They only have a running game and running games can be stopped in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by flippy

Their defense is mediocre. And Delhomme has been average this year. They only have a running game and running games can be stopped in the playoffs.

I beg to differ. Steve Smith is a huge weapon. And you say running games can be stopped...how about run(ning) - away trains? DeAngelo and Stewart have been on a tear. You might slow Smith down, but its been tough to slow their running game down.

Plus they got some good cover guys...Gamble can hold his own on one of the Boldin/Fitz combo...Cement foot Warner is in trouble with Peppers whirling around the corner.

I don't see how AZ wins this game.
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Shiek
    Quote Originally Posted by flippy

I beg to differ. Steve Smith is a huge weapon. And you say running games can be stopped...how about run(ning) - away trains? DeAngelo and Stewart have been on a tear. You might slow Smith down, but its been tough to slow their running game down.

Plus they got some good cover guys...Gamble can hold his own on one of the Boldin/Fitz combo...Cement foot Warner is in trouble with Peppers whirling around the corner.

I don't see how AZ wins this game.
    AZ almost beat Carolina in Carolina earlier this year, but only lost because Jake Delhomme played a great 2nd half that day. Jake's been up and down all year and that was his one great game. I don't see him duplicating it.

I think Warner threw for 400 yards against Carolina and no DB was holding his own against Fitz, Boldin, or Breaston. And I don't remember AZ running the ball that game.

I see the rematch with AZ taking away the run and putting 8-9 guys in the box.

And I don't believe anyone can slow down Smith unless you cover him with a CB, S, and LB. I expect AZ will concede Smith and focus on taking away everything else.

I've seen Carolina's defense look mediocre too many times this year. Living in NC, I get to see them a little more than I see most other teams besides the Steelers.

Carolina can run the ball. And that's about it.

1 thing they do have going for them is Delhomme is clutch. So he can come through. But I don't think this is his year. He's been so erratic.

Good points. I defer to you then, since you've seen them play more than I have. I also hadn't realized they had played already.

From what I saw from seeing those two teams play in seperate games though, I don't see any way Cards win. Panthers rattle Warner early and they could be in trouble.

I do like how the Cards pounded Edge all of a sudden and were able to run. IF they can run with mild success then it may be a better chance for them in my eyes. It seem Whiz pulled a Belicheck with his running back. Belicheck stashed Maroney away for playoff time and he was rolling last year.
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

Legend

honestly I don't see AZ winning this game... but I could see Delhomme choking this game away if it's close in the 4th....

I watched Carolina run all over Atlanta... but then again I think Atlanta was a feel good team and a few years from being really good. Unless AZ sells out on the run I don't see how they win...and if they do sell out on the run then Smith goes off.

Should be a good game. AZ is riding high....

steeld95

I have had the chance to watch Carolina alot. I would say their main problem is consistency...especially at the qb position. You never know what you are going to get with Jake. They have a great running game. Teams will be looking to make Jake beat them. If he plays well, they can certainly go to the SB. A good running game is vital in playoff football and they have that.

Pro Bowler

I bet Whiz would love to face the Steelers in the playoffs!! It may happen. If Arizona can pull the upset & the smokin' hot Eagles beat the Giants, Whiz and the Cards will be hosting the NFC Championship game.

They were my surprise non playoff team pick this year.
    They can beat and play w/ anyone ... but so can everyone else.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Ozey74
    I bet Whiz would love to face the Steelers in the playoffs!! It may happen. If Arizona can pull the upset & the smokin' hot Eagles beat the Giants, Whiz and the Cards will be hosting the NFC Championship game.

I haven't thought that through, but I do think AZ can beat Philly at home.

But I still think Philly's going to the SuperBowl.

All PA SuperBowl.