Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Playoff Predictions - Week 2

Legend

User Info Menu

Playoff Predictions - Week 2

Last week I was only 3-1, so I've got some extra work to do to get this right this week.

Baltimore 23 - Tennessee - 13 - Look for the Ravens to bring a physical game and start fast. It's gonna be a long day for Tennessee playing from behind against this hard nosed team. Flacco will be the first rookie QB to win 2 playoff games in his 1st season.

Arizona - 31 - Carolina 28 - On paper, this looks like an easy pick of Carolina. AZ doesn't travel well to the east coast. Williams/Stewart look unstoppable at times. And Jake Delhomme is an experienced QB who can bring his team back to win football games. But as good as their offense is humming, the Cardinals are gonna stop the run and Whiz is gonna put together a gameplan to win on the road in the playoffs. Warner, Fitz, Boldin, and Edge will just be too much for Carolina's mediocre defense.

Eagles - 34 - Giants - 23 - Gotta love a divisional playoff game. These teams know each other well. Both bring a lot of pressure, but both QBs are adept at getting rid of the ball to avoid pressure. This is going to come down to who has the better defense and who has the better QB. The Eagles have both and they also have Westbrook. Plus McNabb's got a chip on his shoulder to quiet his critics.

Pittsburgh - 34 - SD - 13 - The blowout of the week. Pittsburgh's offense comes out of nowhere and Ben and company just start clicking. Look for FWP to start fast. And throw in a defensive score. Woodley gets a fumble sack that Harrison returns for a TD.

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Playoff Predictions - Week 2

I just can't see Arizona winning it. Coming out of the worst division in football and getting a home win (where they were 6-2) is one thing. A 3-5 road team visiting an 8-0 home team who had a bye week is quite another.

This is the week that we will see that both teams from the West are truly the weak sisters of this playoff tournament.

Legend

User Info Menu

Looks like you're going 1-3 this week Flippy.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    Looks like you're going 1-3 this week Flippy.
    HaHa....we won't know for sure until next Sunday night.

Legend

User Info Menu

Giants 24 Iggles 10 - I think the Giants defense will prove too stout for McNabbage. Look for some early strikes down field passing, then they'll pound the ball to the end.

Panthers 21 Whizazona 14 - Panthers will be too physical for the traveling Cards this weekend.

Steelers 17 Bolts 10 - Cold sloppy conditions means a low scoring contest I believe. Look for a defensive score to make the difference for the 'Burgh.

Titans 14 Ratbirds 13 - This one's so close it's hard to call. I think the Tits will come out on top, but not before Baltimore beats them up and tenderizes them a little for us for the AFCCG.
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

*ahem*

3-1 for me too, thanks to the Chargers pick.

Eagles 24, Giants 17: This is my upset special. Phily can look great in some instances and really bnad in others. I'll chalk them up for a really good this week.

Panthers 35 Whizazona 14 - Ruching yards will be astounding for Carolina. 7 of Arizona's 14 will come in garbage time, and they will be thrown by Matty Leinart.

Steelers 17 Bolts 7 - Boring game, and we will be on pins and needles for most of it,. but the Steelers take a 10 point lead in the third quarter and never surrender it.

Titans 14 Ratbirds 6 - Flacco is unflappable, or so say all the media pundants, but he looked bad in a pair of games against the Steelers and really bad against the Giants, good defenses. Tennessee will be another one and eliminate a very good and scary Ravens team.

Legend

User Info Menu

Steelers 24 Bolts 13 - the X factor here is the bolts punter

Titans 14 Rats 13 - can't tell you why

Arizona 10 Carolina 20 - end of Whiz's run

Eagles 24 Gints 10 - this is the easiest pick of the weekend.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

well I also went 3-1 I think... I can't find where I posted my predictions at on here..

I think I had the Colts winning though...

I did pick AZ just becase of the home crowd and Atlanta struggling in a must win against the Rams the week before...

This week it's

Eagles
    Steelers
    Ravens
    Carolina
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

fo$lrock

Baltimore 20 - Tennessee 14
    Carolina 35 - Arizona 10
    Philadelphia 21 - NY Giants 20
    Pittsburgh 24 - San Diego 13

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    well I also went 3-1 I think... I can't find where I posted my predictions at on here..

I think I had the Colts winning though...

I did pick AZ just becase of the home crowd and Atlanta struggling in a must win against the Rams the week before...

This week it's

Eagles
    Steelers
    Ravens
    Carolina
    The Week 1 picks thread is in the "Around the NFL" Forum.

I went 1-3 and famously predicted Pennington wouldn't make any mistakes and the Dolphins would win. I should be banned from picking....but screw it.

Eagles/Panthers/Ravens/Steelers
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285