Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Playoff Predictions - Week 2

Legend

Re: Playoff Predictions - Week 2

This should be the "everyone but the Steelers playoff prediction thread".

Titans 17 - Ratbirds 14 Titans follow GMen blueprint and pound the Ravens. Titans D shuts down Ratbird running game forcing Flacco to beat them, which he doesn't.

Eagles 24 - Giants 17 Eagles are rolling, Gmen aren't. Another Manning bites the dust.

Panthers 24 - Cards 14 Cards played their SB, not facing a rookie QB this week.

Game of the Week

My 6yr old daughter asked who the Steelers were playing this week, I told her the Chargers and she said the Steelers will win 100 - 0. Smart girl.

Realistically, I think this will be a close game for the first half, with Sproles giving the Steelers some problems early. Bad word Lebeau makes his half time adjustments. The Steelers offense comes out in the second half running the no huddle. Ben gets into a rhythm and the Steelers score 3 tds in the 3rd qtr, with the last coming on a 12 play 8 min drive. Defense shuts down the Chargers in the 2nd half, Troy gets his pick six.

Steelers advance to the AFCCG.
    YES SIR!

Steelers 31 - Chargers 7

Starter

Ravens @ Titans (30 - 10) Face it, the Ravens are the hottest team in the playoffs. They will not cool off in Nashville. Too bad we will not get an opportunity to get some payack for the Terrible Towel incidents.

Cardinals @ Panthers (10 - 2 The dream that began in the desert comes to an end in Carolina.

Eagles @ Giants (28 - 31) A very tough matchup that comes down to a game winning FG in the 4th quarter. Too bad, an all Pennsylvania SB would have been cool.

Chargers @ Steelers (7 - 35) The refs swallow their whistles, our defense smothers their offense, and our offense absolutely explodes.

Pro Bowler

Bad week last week. Going for 4-0 this week:

Baltimore 13 - Tennessee 20

Tennessee is still under-rated by almost everyone. Ravens are hot but as we've seen this season, teams can move the ball on their defense at times. I see Tennessee making the most of their few opportunities to score and edging out the Ravens.

Carolina 30 - Arizona 14

Carolina is my pick this season to win the SB. It would look really bad if they lost to the Cardinals at home.

Philadelphia 20 - NY Giants 28

A healthy and rested Brandon Jacobs is a very bad thing for the Eagles.

Pittsburgh 24 - San Diego 13

Defense and timely passing helps the Steelers prevail.

Legend

While I would love the predictions of our offense coming alive to be true I really don't expect it.

Eagles @ Giants. Giants will win this one 24-16. The Eagles have been relying too much on Westbrook and the Giants' pass rush will get to McNabb often.

Arizona @ Carolina. The Arizona illusion will end abruptly. This team can't win on the road and are only in the play offs because they play in the worst division in football. Carlina pounds them 27-13.

Ravens @ Titans. Ravens are hot and the Titans are not a great team. We did everything but give them the last game. Both teams will try to run the ball but the Ravens defense will prove to be more up to the task. Ravens win 17-13.

Chargers @ Steelers. No Tomlinson will really hurt the Chargers and Sproules was run into the ground this past weekend. All that is moot if Big Ben can't get his act together. He has to focus on taking short easy completions and not force the ball. If he forces the ball he will throw interceptions. If he falters early Tomlin needs to pull him and get Leftwich into the line up. All and all I think the Steelers defense is better and leads us to a 20-13 win.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

My two easy picks of the week first:

Carolina over Arizona by 21 - Arizona is overmatched on the road coming off of a home win that looked more impressive than it actually is.

Pittsburgh over San Diego by 17 - see above

Tennessee over Baltimore by 10 - The Ravens are a good team, and not one that I want to face, although, neither is Tennessee. Baltimore is hitting the road for the second straight game against the rested #1 seed. Aside from the '05 Steelers, rarely does a team win this game. Tennessee hopefully comes out of this hard hitting affair pretty beaten.

Giants / Philly - too close to call for me.

Legend

Here are mine:

Panthers over Cardinals. Too much run game for the Cards D to stop.

Eagles over Giants. Flippy, I know I gave you a hard time about your picks but I saw something on ESPN this morning about a Justin Tuck injury.

Titans over Ravens. The Titans D picked Flacco 2 times in the first meeting. I think they get 2 more.

Steelers over Chargers. 20-13. Steelers are up 20-6 and the Chargers get a late TD that makes the score closer than the game really was.

Backup

2-2 so far Flip. Let's hope you're 4-4 by the end of the day!
    "The only thing decent about the seventies was the Pittsburgh Steelers and their four Super Bowls." - Rush Limbaugh

Mach Five - your all-Steelers fan band!
    http://www.machfive.us

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ColumbusSteelerFan
    Brother, I'll take 3 for 4 as long as our Steelers win.

I can't wait.

I woke up extra early today feeling like it's Christmas!!!!!!

Wooooooooo!

Quote Originally Posted by flippy
    Quote Originally Posted by ColumbusSteelerFan
    Brother, I'll take 3 for 4 as long as our Steelers win.

I can't wait.

I woke up extra early today feeling like it's Christmas!!!!!!

Wooooooooo!

Your optimism is infectious, my deranged clown brother.

WOOOOOOOO!