Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Weather favors Steelers vs. Chargers...

Ezekiel 25:17

Weather favors Steelers vs. Chargers...

Early outlook for Sunday, high 23, low 20 with snow showers. Granted it's early, but the football Gods seem to be smiling on our beloved Black and Gold.

I haven't seen the early line yet, but I assume we're favored by at least 4.

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Weather favors Steelers vs. Chargers...

We are favored by 6.

Legend

User Info Menu

We are favored by 6.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

DUDE!!!
    They can't get tomorrows weather right, what makes you think they will get it right 6 days from now???

All i know is when we played the CHAHJERS in the 1994 AFC Championship game it was warmer in Pittsburgh than San Diego that day.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Backup

User Info Menu

i really don't understand why some folks want bad weather. it only makes the match-up more neutral. personally, i want it to be clear with no wind. bad weather only hinders our d's speed, the o's timing, and ben's throws.

Bolt Writer

We always hear this silliness.

All the Chargers did not grow up surfing and sunning.

This is not Air Coryell. The Bolt's are not built for any particular weather.

The linemen will decide this game, not the weather men.

This is gonna be a good game.

(But yeah, I wish it were gonna be warmer. I DID grow up in SD and I was freezing in Nov.)

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ROLROC
    i really don't understand why some folks want bad weather. it only makes the match-up more neutral. personally, i want it to be clear with no wind. bad weather only hinders our d's speed, the o's timing, and ben's throws.
    +1

We're the significantly better team. I want good weather so we can dominate.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy
    Quote Originally Posted by ROLROC
    +1

We're the significantly better team. I want good weather so we can dominate.
    I don't want a blizzard or extreme wind as we aren't really built for that anymore either.

I wouldn't mind a good dose of COLD. (e.g 15-20 degrees) Just to make the Chargers COLD.
    Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt Writer
    We always hear this silliness.

All the Chargers did not grow up surfing and sunning.

This is not Air Coryell. The Bolt's are not built for any particular weather.

The linemen will decide this game, not the weather men.

This is gonna be a good game.

(But yeah, I wish it were gonna be warmer. I DID grow up in SD and I was freezing in Nov.)
    You are correct, but when you are in a nice climate every day (don't gimme no stuff about 40s or 50s either - I'm originally from L.A. so I know that's about as bad as it gets there in the winter) and then travel to a cold climate and have to be outside it is a factor. It does take a toll and sap the energy when you aren't exposed to it on a daily basis.

I don't think it's a deciding factor, but it is a contributing factor.

Welcome to the board by the way.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Bad weather is almost always the great talent equalizer (see Miami/Pittsburgh MNF a couple of years ago) I'll take supreme conditions, unless it is againat a team like Indy, who need optimal conditions for the timing of their offense.