Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TE Huge in Playoffs

Legend

User Info Menu

TE Huge in Playoffs

It seems that the pass-catching TE is coming up huge for these playoffs. I think the Cover 2 seems to be dictating this.

A. Gates - 8 for 87 yds
    D. Clark - 7 for 33 yds
    J. Peelle - 3 for 11 yds
    S. Spach - 3 for 34 yds

If Miller and Spaeth have less than 5 catches between them next week I will be disappointed. Ben needs to look for these guys first. Watching the speed of these playoff defenses, I don't think our OL will hold up more than 3 sec. on a given pass play. Ben needs to shorten his game, and anticipate the throws, something he has not always done well. Our receivers can't afford any 3rd down drops like we have been seeing.

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: TE Huge in Playoffs

TE's are for blocking silly.
    Especially when you draft them in the first 2 rounds

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

HEATH has the best HANDS on the team ... get him the ball.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast
    I
    S. Spach - 3 for 34 yds

I
    WHo???

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ion1/sn1-1.jpg http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ns_44958-1.jpg
    South End Zone...Screaming My Head Off...Every Game! 111 consecutive and counting.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerNation1
    I
    S. Spach - 3 for 34 yds

I
    WHo???

Look out for this guy!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe
    HEATH has the best HANDS on the team ... get him the ball.
    Let's hope Ben feeds the ball to Miller and Spaeth all day until the defense stops it versus forcing passes to his buddy Nate Washington. Our game plan should be to dink and dunk until San Diego proves they can stop it just like we successfully did versus Jacksonville last year. We lost that one when Ben started forcing passes downfield into coverage.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Many of these balls will go to Hines Ward who takes away a lot of our TE passes.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

It seems that the pass-catching TE is coming up huge for these playoffs. I think the Cover 2 seems to be dictating this.

A. Gates - 8 for 87 yds
    D. Clark - 7 for 33 yds
    J. Peelle - 3 for 11 yds
    S. Spach - 3 for 34 yds

If Miller and Spaeth have less than 5 catches between them next week I will be disappointed. Ben needs to look for these guys first. Watching the speed of these playoff defenses, I don't think our OL will hold up more than 3 sec. on a given pass play. Ben needs to shorten his game, and anticipate the throws, something he has not always done well. Our receivers can't afford any 3rd down drops like we have been seeing.
    This is a joke, right? Other than Gates, those numbers are poor to terrible. 3 catches for 11 yards? How is that part of such a trend?
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelblood

A. Gates - 8 for 87 yds
    D. Clark - 7 for 33 yds
    J. Peelle - 3 for 11 yds
    S. Spach - 3 for 34 yds

This is a joke, right? Other than Gates, those numbers are poor to terrible. 3 catches for 11 yards? How is that part of such a trend?
    That's why I didn't comment until SN1 posted Spock and I countered with Evil Spock. :P

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy
    Many of these balls will go to Hines Ward who takes away a lot of our TE passes.
    like we were discussing in my ill-fated thread on what our offense should look like flippy... hines and heath all day across the middle until they suck the LB's and safeties into the zone, then BLAM. Willie for 35 and a score.

i see nate washington having a big day as well, dragging toes to the tune of 4 catches for 89 yards and a TD.

mark it down, kid is going to come up big in this game and reap the benefits of my superior gameplan being recorded off this site by Big Turd BA himself.