Thread: The key is the middle

Backup

User Info Menu

The key is the middle

after watching the highlights of week 11, the key to winning the offensive battles will be working the middle of the field.

they couldn't stop hines on crossing routes or quick slants, and we need to use him and miller religiously in short to intermediate range quick passes. this will pull the LB's and pressure off of ben and allow our running game to work between the tackles.

-keep penalties to a minimum
    -win the turnover battle
    -establish a ground game

we move on to the AFCCG.

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: The key is the middle

hines steps up his game for the playoffs. he's gonna have a field day against SD.

Starter

User Info Menu

Maybe playing all those blitz happy teams early gave BA enough time to pry his head out of his a** and get some stuff in the playbook and gameplan to neutralize a pass rush.

Legend

User Info Menu

I believe the Chargers had trouble defending the bunch formation in that game.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL
    I wouldn't be against starting in the no-huddle either... try to get a quick score on offense and let the boys pin their ears back.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelcityrules!!
    I wouldn't be against starting in the no-huddle either... try to get a quick score on offense and let the boys pin their ears back.
    I've been saying that all season. Not only should we start the game with it, but I think we need to mix in the no-huddle way more than we do.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Interesting thought.

I will submit the following theory for consideration:

Our Defense could, in part, be playing so well BECAUSE THEY HAVE TO. If we jump out to a lead would the defense have the same sense of urgency that they MUST carry the team.
    Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Time of Possesion is the key...Steelers Offense need to have 6 min drive for 7 pts.

It keeps the Defense fresh. It takes away the Opp. running game and Steelers D can blitz crazy.
    Steelers Draft 2015
    Rd 1: Devante Parker - WR/ Kevin Johnson - CB
    Rd 2: Danielle Hunter -OLB
    Rd 3: Steven Nelson - CB
    Rd 4: Derron Smith - S
    Rd 5: Henry Anderson - DE
    Rd 6: Wes Saxton - TE
    Rd 7: Deon Simon - DT

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MeetJoeGreene
    Interesting thought.

I will submit the following theory for consideration:

Our Defense could, in part, be playing so well BECAUSE THEY HAVE TO. If we jump out to a lead would the defense have the same sense of urgency that they MUST carry the team.
    Joe, (may i call you joe?) I feel that theory is thrown into the circle for a number of good reasons, most importantly our own play and aptitude to play ultra-conservative in the past. BUT... I think our defensive GURU has learned from that and will be all but hellacious with a lead. Foot on throat, until victim has expired... that should be their motto sunday afternoon.