Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: James Hqrrison

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: James Hqrrison

I will be happy if he wins DPOTY. I knew all along that he wasn't going to get MVP unless he broke Strahan's record. No matter what happens the guy is going to be a difference maker in the playoffs, and ultimately that is all that matters. Can't wait for the playoffs to get started.....I'm tired of all these meaningless bowl games.
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6946&dateline=1338146203 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1338146203</a>

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Below is PFW's take on the race. I dont see how the 'steady, efficient play' of a fish-armed QB beats season-long domination by a man among boys.

1. Colts QB Peyton Manning — Looks like he’ll join Brett Favre and Jim Brown as the only other three-time MVPs since the award began in 1957.

2. Vikings RB Adrian Peterson — Six fumbles in December (nine overall) hurt him, but what a remarkable start to his pro career. Peterson became just the fifth player in league history to gain 3,000 yards in his first two years.

3. Falcons RB Michael Turner — He may not get a single first-place vote, although he deserves at least a couple. Imagine if Matt Ryan had an average back — we probably wouldn’t be talking about Ryan as Rookie of the Year and the Falcons would not have made the postseason.

4. Dolphins QB Chad Pennington — His steady, efficient play guided perhaps the greatest one-year turnaround in recent history.

5. Saints QB Drew Brees — Wasted his 5,069 passing yards, 16 short of the most yards ever in a single season, on a Saints team that would finish at the .500 mark. Sean Payton needs to do Brees a favor in the offseason and assemble a better defense.

6. Panthers RB DeAngelo Williams — No running back or receiver had more TDs. He scored all 20 of his in an 11-game span.

7. Cowboys OLB DeMarcus Ware — Twenty sacks is quite a feat, but it’s a toss-up between Ware and James Harrison for Defensive Player of the Year. Missing the playoffs hurts Ware’s case.

8. Steelers OLB James Harrison — No player made more impact plays on defense than Harrison. Whether it was stockpiling 101 tackles, making 16 sacks or forcing a league-high seven fumbles, he wreaked havoc all season long.

9. Giants QB Eli Manning — Not a spectacular season by any means, but he assembled a TD-interception ratio of better than 2-to-1 for the NFC’s highest-seeded playoff team.

10. Falcons QB Matt Ryan — If he continues on this path, he’ll be No. 1 on the list a few times at this juncture in future years.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Legend

User Info Menu

While the award is fairly meaningless, it's still hard to understand how a guy that dominated so often, and made plays at such crucial times in games, and really produced GAME CHANGING plays all season,.......

can't be the MOST VALUABLE PLAYER.

In Chadman's opinion, James Harrison & Micheal Turner were 1-2.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Cooper DeJean CB
    2. Devontez Walker WR
    3. Blake Fisher OT
    3. Mason McCormick OC
    4. Cedric Gray ILB
    6. Jaden Crumedy DT
    6. Tahj Washington WR

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Harrison should win DPOY since he was the only defensive player to get votes for MVP.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Peyton can enjoy his MVP award next week all he wants when he fails to lead his team to victory tomorrow night.

I have a feeling the Bolts pull out a win.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JAR
    Harrison should win DPOY since he was the only defensive player to get votes for MVP.
    JAR, youre making me dislike Lendale White with that sig. I think they should play that over and over on the monitors in the Steeler locker room. Id like to see James Harrisons face as he is watching that.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.