Thread: Thomas Jones blast Favre

Backup

User Info Menu

Thomas Jones blast Favre

Thomas Jones blast Favre and says he should have been benched for his final game. Even with a win the Jets would have been out. So here is Thomas Jones stats for last for weeks with attempts and yards maybe he should look at himself and say if he did a better job they wouldnt need to pass.

14 @SF L 24-14 10 56 5.6 17 1 3 12 4.0 9 0 0 0
    15 BUF W 31-27 20 78 3.9 16 1 2 4 2.0 5 0 0 0
    16 @SEA L 13-3 17 67 3.9 7 0 3 29 9.7 14 0 0 0
    17 MIA L 24-17 10 23 2.3 8 0 1 1 1.0 1 0 0 0
    Complete Game Log

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Thomas Jones blast Favre

For all his greatness Favre has become too high mainetenance. I'm sure that many of his teammate have issues with that. It will be interesting to see how this plays out with a new coach coming to the Jets.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorCal-Steeler
    Thomas Jones blast Favre and says he should have been benched for his final game....
    I wonder what Jones thought he would accomplish by making that statement after the season was over? The coach is gone and Jones isn't helping anything by venting now that it is too late to do anything about it.
    Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

[quote=Steeler Shades]
    Quote Originally Posted by "NorCal-Steeler":3e6268hb
    Thomas Jones blast Favre and says he should have been benched for his final game....
    I wonder what Jones thought he would accomplish by making that statement after the season was over? The coach is gone and Jones isn't helping anything by venting now that it is too late to do anything about it. [/quote:3e6268hb]

Actually, some of the stuff that is coming out now is assuring that Farve, who basically submarined Mangini out of a job in one season with him, won't be back with the etam. Favre kept to himself, didn;t really show he ever wanted to be a part of the Jets, and cost them a shot at the playoffs with his erratic play.
    Mangini, an ok coach, got shafted. He never asked for Favre in the first place, yet got stuck with him way too late in the game. If you watched the game against the Dolphins, you could read Mangini's lips after the INT "What was he thinking?". Favre did what he wanted to do on the field, which is fine when it works, but in ths case, it cost a coach a job when it doesn't.

Starter

User Info Menu

Mangini didn't exactly set the league on fire last season when he had Pennington. I don't know who chose Favre but I think Mangini's issues are deeper than just Favre.
    Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

Legend

User Info Menu

wasn't Pennington hurt most of last year? We all saw this coming... sure Favre is a vet and will get you a few wins and if things fall into place you can get a great season out of him but at his age i don't think it was the right option to go get Favre...

great for tickets and press but the whole Favre off season is about to start and you know as bad as GB was this year the one thing they don't have to worry about is a QB contemplating retirement again...

Jets were good in spite of Favre.. not because of him. He had a good 3 weeks and then Favre was just chucking it up... the D, running game and ST's bailed him out of a few games.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"