Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Troy P. out of the Wildcat??

Troy P. out of the Wildcat??

How awesome would it be to line up Troy P. in the Wildcat formation??? JUST ONCE!
    Just a thought. Hey, ya never know, it would be entertaining to say the least.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

Re: Troy P. out of the Wildcat??

Interesting but no thanks. The best thing about this year has been Troy not getting the physical beating he has in the past because he wasn't being asked to do strange and unnnatural things like take on 300 lbs offensive linemen every other play. I don't want him taking on 300lb defensive linemen either.

I would be interested to see Hines do that or Dennis Dixon.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    Interesting but no thanks. The best thing about this year has been Troy not getting the physical beating he has in the past because he wasn't being asked to do strange and unnnatural things like take on 300 lbs offensive linemen every other play. I don't want him taking on 300lb defensive linemen either.

If you don't my idea, then take the full

Hall of Famer

That means Dixon would have to be placed on the Active list for the game and not Inactive - Emergency QB. Give me another lineman instead. Regarding Hines, if your going to go that route, why not just have FWP and Moore try it out? That would be REAL interesting, esp if Pitt meets Miami in the AFC Championship game.

Please dont moon me O, its only a different perspective/opinion!
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

Quote Originally Posted by Discipline of Steel

That means Dixon would have to be placed on the Active list for the game and not Inactive - Emergency QB. Give me another lineman instead. Regarding Hines, if your going to go that route, why not just have FWP and Moore try it out? That would be REAL interesting, esp if Pitt meets Miami in the AFC Championship game.

If Miami advances, we will play them in the divisional round, not the Championship game. And why would you try it against Miami? Don't you think their defense has seen enough of it in practice all year to know how to defend it? I doubt that would surprise them.

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Quote Originally Posted by Discipline of Steel

If Miami advances, we will play them in the divisional round, not the Championship game. And why would you try it against Miami? Don't you think their defense has seen enough of it in practice all year to know how to defend it? I doubt that would surprise them.
    You are right, its the Divisional game. Regarding FWP and Moore, they have the speed to execute from such a formation and we have solid blockers at TE. I just thought it would be funny if they used it against Miami with success. Especially after having to hear from the announcers all pregame about how wonderful and inventive the Wildcat has been for Miami this year. But Baltimore will beat Miami down anyway.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Starter

i like the idea, but i think the wildcat is going to phase out of the NFL...it works when you catch people off guard, but now most teams have watched tape on it and know how to stop it...
    "The standard is the standard" Mike Tomlin

Hall of Famer

The one thing I would like to see Troy do is return punts. He shows some shiftiness when he makes a pick and he is at full speed in his first step. Most likely will never see it but I bet he would have a TD in his first 10 attempts.

Quote Originally Posted by mshifko
    i like the idea, but i think the wildcat is going to phase out of the NFL...it works when you catch people off guard, but now most teams have watched tape on it and know how to stop it...
    Yes i agree. You have to have a multiple threat for it to work. Josh Cribbs comes to mind cuz he can pass. They would have been better off last week using that against us, than w/ Gradkowski in there.

madflag

didnt we run the wildcat when el was here ? i would love to see dixon get a shot at that package we used with el