Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: the offensive cordinator that i want!

Legend

Re: the offensive cordinator that i want!

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar
    I don't think the Steelers are going to get Shanahan. That said, isn't he known for having the running back "system" that makes even the weakest back look like a million $$? For those that are concerned about our lack of an explosive running game, Mike would be just the man!

Besides, isn't BB thought to be an "Elway-like" QB? Just sayin'...
    You bring up an excellent thought. If you aren't going to get Shanahan what about his offensivive coordinator--Rick Dennison who is also the OL coach of a very good OL.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?i ... tentID=628
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    I don't think the Steelers are going to get Shanahan. That said, isn't he known for having the running back "system" that makes even the weakest back look like a million $$? For those that are concerned about our lack of an explosive running game, Mike would be just the man!

You bring up an excellent thought. If you aren't going to get Shanahan what about his offensivive coordinator--Rick Dennison who is also the OL coach of a very good OL.

Dennison doesn't even call their plays, though, Jeremy Bates does. Bates comes from good football coaching lineage, looks like a young prodigy (a la Tomlin), and he even coached on the same staff with Tomlin in Tampa once upon a time. I think we should go after him as an O.C. instead (of course, I have mentioned this a couple of times before).

http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.ph...contentID=5835

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo

Dennison doesn't even call their plays, though, Jeremy Bates does. Bates comes from good football coaching lineage, looks like a young prodigy (a la Tomlin), and he even coached on the same staff with Tomlin in Tampa once upon a time. I think we should go after him as an O.C. instead (of course, I have mentioned this a couple of times before).

http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.ph...contentID=5835
    I like the thought. Maybe the Tomlin-Bates relationship could cause something positive to happen.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Backup

Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank1
    i cant see shanahand going to detroit. they are at least 5 years from being an average team. if i were the owner of the chiefs i would fire herm edwards asap and hire shanahan. didnt he use to be on the raiders coaching staff a long time ago? he probably wouldnt want to work for al davis but i could see them going after shanahan pretty hard since they are in the same division. the broncos are stupid

Al Davis pulled a Kiffen on Shanny many years ago. They both hate each other... The only way he coaches Oakland is when Al dies. Speaking of, does anyone know for sure that he isn't dead? I'm thinking he is and nobody's bothered to tell him.

VirgilBosett

Shanahan and Davis despise eachother. He would never go back to the Raiders.

Detroit stinks but No team is 5 years away from being mediocre in today's NFL.

I do agree with you regarding Edwards.....I think he is one of the worst coaches in pro sports.

Would not be surprised to see Shanny end up in Cleveland.

Would love Shanahan as OC, but with a better Oline Arians play calling would look a lot better---Plus Shanahan will get a head coaching job.

My prediction is DALLAS.

Happy New Year!
    He who forgets, will be destined to remember.

we gotta get rid of BA first...
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!
    Team Needs, 2015 Draft (In order of need): CB, NT, OLB, FS, DE

Pro Bowler

100$handshake

Shanaham will NEVER be HC in Detroit. He will carefully pick and choose his next opportunity. If he has the same loyalty to the Broncos that Cowher has to the Steelers he would never coach KC either. Of course the Broncos did fire him.....

But I think the Jets are a more likely landing spot. If he coaches next season.