Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: the offensive cordinator that i want!

Re: the offensive cordinator that i want!

If there were any competent brain cells up in Detroit, Shanahan would be the right pick...
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73
    If there were any competent brain cells up in Detroit, Shanahan would be the right pick...
    You're right. It won't happen.
    Wait! The GM is gone now!
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    http://www.anewsong.com

My son's first Kansas Turkey!

Quote Originally Posted by NYPDSTEEL
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10
    Mike Shanahan, i am never the one to say hire or pick up every Joe Blow that's available, but this would be an ALL STAR MOVE after Bruce is canned.
    shanny is a HOF coach, no way is he playing second fiddle to anyone especially a 2nd year coach.
    Plus the Rooneys would have to pay him twice the $ that they are paying Tomlin. Not a chance.
    Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

Backup

I agree with the Detroit prediction, that or he'll take the Cowher road and take a couple needed years off before giving it another shot.

Hall of Famer

i cant see shanahand going to detroit. they are at least 5 years from being an average team. if i were the owner of the chiefs i would fire herm edwards asap and hire shanahan. didnt he use to be on the raiders coaching staff a long time ago? he probably wouldnt want to work for al davis but i could see them going after shanahan pretty hard since they are in the same division. the broncos are stupid

Backup

Shannahan for OC? I have two words for you.....HELL NO! First off, there is no way that the Rooneys would pony up the kind of money that he would demand. Second, there is no way he would take anything less than a HC position. And finally, he would absolutely destroy what offensive identity we have left. His style of RBBC is horrid.

I salute him in his next opportunity. Thank god it won't be with the Steelers!
    <a href=http://imgcash5.imageshack.us/img356/1595/smuj2.jpg target=_blank>http://imgcash5.imageshack.us/img356/1595/smuj2.jpg</a>
    ~Props to AS, my sig Consigliere~

"Even the strongest man needs friends.... Politics is knowing when to pull the trigger."
    ~ Don Lucchesi to Vincent

Shanahan will be the next KC headcoach after they fire Herm Edwards but I would love to see him as the Steelers OC. Could you imagine the damage that Willie, Moore and Mendy could do in his system? That would be fun to watch.
    <a href=http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2011/02/roger-goodell.jpg target=_blank>http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2...er-goodell.jpg</a>

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank1
    i cant see shanahand going to detroit. they are at least 5 years from being an average team. if i were the owner of the chiefs i would fire herm edwards asap and hire shanahan. didnt he use to be on the raiders coaching staff a long time ago? he probably wouldnt want to work for al davis but i could see them going after shanahan pretty hard since they are in the same division. the broncos are stupid
    Shanahan hates Al Davis. HATES him. He would likely replace Herm Edwards in K.C. or Norv Turner in S.D. for less money than he would to go to New York, Cleveland, or Detroit just to continue to have the opportunity to beat Davis twice a year (and beat whoever the Broncos hire to replace him in Denver too). There is a better chance of the Steelers canning Ben, Lefty, and Dixon and bringing back O'Donnell, Kordell, and Kent Graham for our playoff run than Shanahan going back to Oakland.

1.15 WR Mike Evans, Texas A&M
    2.46 TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins, Washington
    3.97c ILB Shayne Skov, Stanford
    4.118 CB Philip Gaines, Rice
    5.157 OT James Hurst, North Carolina
    5.173c RB Jerrick McKinnon, Georgia Southern
    6.192 CB Walt Aikens, Liberty
    6.215c DE Deandre Coleman, California
    7.230 NT Zack Kerr, Delaware

Cam Cameron = Steelers OC

I can wish can't I?

I don't think the Steelers are going to get Shanahan. That said, isn't he known for having the running back "system" that makes even the weakest back look like a million $$? For those that are concerned about our lack of an explosive running game, Mike would be just the man!

Besides, isn't BB thought to be an "Elway-like" QB? Just sayin'...