Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hills was a top 10 recruit going into college?

Pro Bowler

Hills was a top 10 recruit going into college?

There are a lot of knowledgable, savvy posters here, and some or many of you may already know this. I was reading thru some college recruiting stuff today for my old college, and they were talking about how top recruits pan out in college. Two of the top ten recruits (according to ESPN rankings) for 2003 are currently on the Steelers roster. Tony Hills was rated #4 (as a TE) and LaMarr Woodley was rated #9. I wasn't suprised to see Woodley on that list, but I was shocked to see Hills. Does this guy have any chance to turn into anything on this team?

Legend
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia

Re: Hills was a top 10 recruit going into college?

Quote Originally Posted by NW Steeler
    There are a lot of knowledgable, savvy posters here, and some or many of you may already know this. I was reading thru some college recruiting stuff today for my old college, and they were talking about how top recruits pan out in college. Two of the top ten recruits (according to ESPN rankings) for 2003 are currently on the Steelers roster. Tony Hills was rated #4 (as a TE) and LaMarr Woodley waws rated #9. I wasn't suprised to see Woodley on that list, but I was shocked to see Hills. Does this guy have any chance to turn into anything on this team?
    Hills was considered a 1st round pick until injuries put a stop to that talk.
    Schiavone's Race Career:

Starts- 9
    Wins- 1
    2nd- 4
    3rd- 0
    Other- 4

Prizemoney- $28,050.00

Starter

we'll see in time i guess...it is kind of surprising to see him at #4, but with his size i mean this guy was probably a beast in high school...i hope he can develop into a decent right tackle
    "The standard is the standard" Mike Tomlin

Sure. Time will tell. We got a deal on him- as long as he continues to make the team and compete for a position.
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

he may or may not pan out, but, it certainly was a good draft selection based on expectations.

i'd still go after o-linemen in this draft.
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!
    Team Needs, 2015 Draft (In order of need): CB, NT, OLB, FS, DE

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille
    he may or may not pan out, but, it certainly was a good draft selection based on expectations.

i'd still go after o-linemen in this draft.
    Hills is the real wildcard on the OL. If he can step in at either OT position he will go a long way to helping shore up this line. In college the kid was a real top talent on an elite national power until he got injured his senior year. If he returns to form he could be better than good.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Hall of Famer

Good high schoolers (star rankings) don't always pan out in college just as top ranked college players don't always pan out in the NFL.

In this case, I agree it was a good value pick.

It will become a good pick if he turns into a quality starter.
    Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.

Backup

Don't have any point to add to this thread. Just trying to get my ROOKIE status before the new year.

<a href=http://imgcash5.imageshack.us/img356/1595/smuj2.jpg target=_blank>http://imgcash5.imageshack.us/img356/1595/smuj2.jpg</a>
    ~Props to AS, my sig Consigliere~

"Even the strongest man needs friends.... Politics is knowing when to pull the trigger."
    ~ Don Lucchesi to Vincent

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler Mafia
    Don't have any point to add to this thread. Just trying to get my ROOKIE status before the new year.

I am in the same boat. .. going to Pro-Bowler from starter thiugh.

Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.

Pro Bowler
    Lakewood, Ohio: On the Stairway TO SEVEN!!!

That injury his senior year really did him in for this year. But he seemed to be pretty decent in college and he didn't look horrible in camp this past year.

I'd like to see Hills emerge the way Darnell did this year. That and the re-addition of Capizzi may enable the Steelers to get some quality depth together at OT if they both keep plugging away. I can see Hills and Capizzi both starting someday. I can see Hills starting sooner than later. They both just need to keep putting in the quality work.
    Steelers...On The STAIRWAY TO SEVEN!!!
    http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/1...etsteelfk7.jpg
    ASIAN... thanks, brotha!