Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sweed/Washington

Sweed/Washington

Normaly i dont expect much from a rookie but Sweed's poor play with basic fundamentals like hold and block in the back and another non call that he could have been easily called on shows me they really need to make a effort to resign Washington.

Hall of Famer

Re: Sweed/Washington

Quote Originally Posted by NorCal-Steeler
    Normaly i dont expect much from a rookie but Sweed's poor play with basic fundamentals like hold and block in the back and another non call that he could have been easily called on shows me they really need to make a effort to resign Washington.
    They do need to sign Washington and hope that Sweed develops in his 2nd and 3rd yr with Steelers..

Steelers dont have quality WRs corp..Ward is getting old and i am not sure if Steelers will give Holmes his 2nd contract
    Steelers Draft
    Rd 1: Mike Evans - WR
    Rd 2: Kyle Van Noy - ILB/OLB
    Rd 3c: Philip Gaines - CB
    Rd 4: Taylor Hart - DE
    Rd 5: Justin Ellis - DT
    Rd 5c:Xavier Grimble -TE

Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by grotonsteel
    Quote Originally Posted by NorCal-Steeler
    They do need to sign Washington and hope that Sweed develops in his 2nd and 3rd yr with Steelers..

Steelers dont have quality WRs corp..Ward is getting old and i am not sure if Steelers will give Holmes his 2nd contract
    Useing our 2nd round pick on Sweed means that he better have his head on straight and contribute next season.
    As for Nate, I hope that he gets resigned. Ben seems to have a pretty good chemistry with him. He seems to be getting better every game.

Hall of Famer

i think they should re-sign washington regardless of how sweed develops. washington is still pretty young and has a big upside. his hands are suspect but he has gotten better every year

Hall of Famer

I would love to sign Nate, but I suspect he will want to start and get starter money.

I just wouldn't count on him being here.
    Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by MeetJoeGreene
    I would love to sign Nate, but I suspect he will want to start and get starter money.

i doubt there would be any team in the nfl that would pay him a starter's salary and use him as a #2 wr. i dont think he has proven that much to warrant starting in the nfl.

Starter

Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank1
    Quote Originally Posted by MeetJoeGreene

i doubt there would be any team in the nfl that would pay him a starter's salary and use him as a #2 wr. i dont think he has proven that much to warrant starting in the nfl.
    I dunno.. there are some WR starved teams out there. Even more important there are some stupid f'n GMs out there....

VirgilBosett

I would not be surprised to see Washington go for, and get, starter money somewhere. Teams are constantly overpaying FAs.

Ward may be getting up in age, but hes still a hell of a player, and Holmes should be signed again if the price is right. Id try to keep Nate, and Sweed needs to start righting things down!!!

steeld95

Quote Originally Posted by VirgilBosett
    I would not be surprised to see Washington go for, and get, starter money somewhere. Teams are constantly overpaying FAs.
    Yep, this happens every year. There are so many examples of this...Larry Brown, Neil O'ddonel...

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by VirgilBosett

Ward may be getting up in age, but hes still a hell of a player, and Holmes should be signed again if the price is right. Id try to keep Nate, and Sweed needs to start righting things down!!!
    haha i thought that was really funny. i know teams over pay all the time but nate washington?? really??? why would any team want him starting based on what he has done so far in his career?