Thread: In the last 15 years, has anyone....

Legend

User Info Menu

In the last 15 years, has anyone....

seen a poorer blocking team?
    I hate to beat a dead horse, but it seems after watching every game this year I have never seen a poorer blocking team as a whole.
    Even on ST the blocking is poor.
    We have a FB whos main job is to block, and he struggles to do that.
    The defense on INT returns blocked better.
    McHugh is no FB either..
    Too bad we didnt put Marvel on IR earlier so we could have took a chance on an unproven FB somewhere.
    Larry, dont let the door hit ya in the ass.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: In the last 15 years, has anyone....

Oh heck yeah, there have been WAAAAY worse blocking teams.

I've never seen a 12-4 team block worse though. I'm amazed how well the team has done despite this crucial crucial facet.

Part of me thinks they aren't as bad as we think...

Then another part of me kicks that part in the nards and gets another beer.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I noticed that our rushing attack was MUCH better with a FB today. when a FB was in the game our running backs gained 4+ yds on prolly 70% of those plays (my guess).
    we just have a retarded offensive coordinator.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis
    I noticed that our rushing attack was MUCH better with a FB today. when a FB was in the game our running backs gained 4+ yds on prolly 70% of those plays (my guess).
    we just have a retarded offensive coordinator.
    You would be very correct.

Rookie

User Info Menu

I've noticed that blocking seems better on plays that were not audibled.

It seem that there is to much confusion and lack of execution when the original play is changed with 10 or less seconds on the playclock.
    Byron came in the game, ran the play called in the huddle, and the line looked much better both run blocking and pass protecting.IMO

***I am not bashing Ben nor am I blaming the O-line performance on him..****
    [url="http://steelersal.forummotion.com/forum.htm"]http://steelersal.forummotion.com/forum.htm[/url]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

for whatever reason, the run game was far more effective after Ben was carted off. Perhaps the noticed something at halftime. Kemo was pulling around the right for what seemed like every play.
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Starlifter
    for whatever reason, the run game was far more effective after Ben was carted off. Perhaps the noticed something at halftime. Kemo was pulling around the right for what seemed like every play.
    Not surprising considering Colon was having his colon handed to him by a 50 yr old LB on every play. Once Kemo gave him help on the pulls, they started to have some success.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast
    Quote Originally Posted by Starlifter
    Not surprising considering Colon was having his colon handed to him by a 50 yr old LB on every play. Once Kemo gave him help on the pulls, they started to have some success.
    AOL! (Audible Office Laughter) after reading that.
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285