Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which Would You Rather See the Steelers Do?

Legend

User Info Menu

Which Would You Rather See the Steelers Do?

A) Make the playoffs every year for the next 5 years, but fall short of the Super Bowl every time

or

B) Miss the playoffs entirely for the next two years, but then win the Super Bowl in two out of the three seasons after that

If those were the only two possibilities, which would you choose?

From your responses in other threads, it sounds as though some of you would be plumb satisfied to make the playoffs every year, and never win a Super Bowl.

Starter

User Info Menu

Re: Which Would You Rather See the Steelers Do?

I"ll go with B, but I reserve the right to complain vociferously for the next two years and not eat crow until the second SB win.
    Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

Starter

User Info Menu

Super Bowl. Period. There is no other reason to play the game.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

WOW, another dumb thread. Not quite as bad as the last one, but pretty close.

AGAIN, i'm responding solely cuz I need more posts.
    Chock up another one for Smythe
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe
    WOW, another dumb thread. Not quite as bad as the last one, but pretty close.

AGAIN, i'm responding solely cuz I need more posts.
    Chock up another one for Smythe
    Well, genius...where are all the intelligent threads YOU'VE started?

Reminds me of the arrssehole who used to go to all the parties and always found a lot to complain about with every one of them...but he kept showing up. Funny thing is, he never threw any parties himself.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

B

I like this thread. It's a way to find out what your fellow nation members think.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I'd go w/B. Sometimes, you have to take a step backward before you can go full speed ahead.

I know we belong in the SB as if it were the Divine Right of Kings. But that's not realistic in today's NFL. The salary cap really hamstrings that ability, to a degree. The only way to truly get around that problem is if you have a FO that foresees need before it arises. Colbert has always been somewhat reactionary when it comes to addressing need for the Steelers. At some point, hopefully earlier than later, need is addressed to round out a team that is already a winner.
    Steelers...On The STAIRWAY TO SEVEN!!!
    http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/1...etsteelfk7.jpg
    ASIAN... thanks, brotha!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser
    A) Make the playoffs every year for the next 5 years, but fall short of the Super Bowl every time

or

B) Miss the playoffs entirely for the next two years, but then win the Super Bowl in two out of the three seasons after that

From your responses in other threads, it sounds as though some of you would be plumb satisfied to make the playoffs every year, and never win a Super Bowl.

We DONT see option (B) as an option. Its a near impossibility.
    If we set ourselves on a path to playoff wilderness for the next two years in the hope of winning the SB 2 out of the next 3 years, all we'd be doing is suffering 2 years of playoff wilderness to find ourselves exactly where we were in the first place.
    In case you didn't know, there are 29 other teams all trying to win the SB too (the clowns and bungles don't count).
    The question is meaningless.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser

or

Interesting topic...you shoul've made this a poll...
    ours is not to wonder why just invert and multiply...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

For this to be MORE realistic it should be miss the playoffs for 14 of the next 15 yrs, but win the Super Bowl the yr. you make it

OR

Make the playoffs for the next 15 years but NEVER win the big one.

Brad, your choice is too easy, B!!!
    http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ion1/sn1-1.jpg http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ns_44958-1.jpg
    South End Zone...Screaming My Head Off...Every Game! 111 consecutive and counting.