Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Chan Gailey

Re: Chan Gailey

BB will probably want to keep BA around so that he can continue in his role as player/coach. Sometimes, you have to reign in a player no matter how good they are. But, to the question, hell yeah bring back Gailey.

Gailey and LeBeau back together.
    Tomlin would just have to keep players off the field who aren't suppose to be, yell at refs and call timeouts.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Hall of Famer

Just watched Hoge break down the Atlanta playcalling against the Vikes. Mike Mularkey continues to show the creativity he had while he was with the Steelers. Yeah, it does help to have OL that can get to the second level but the calls themselves and the formations went a long way to confusing the Vikes defense.

My guess is that if we go one-and-done in the playoffs BA will get the boot. Somebody's gotta take the fall for a O that was ranked in the top half last season to the bottom half this season.

Quote Originally Posted by costanza2k1
    I would love that, my only reservation on Tomlin is that he may not release lame duck coaches. The chin used to be stubborn with crappy players and this guy may be the same with his coaches. I hope and pray that he cuts some of his lame coaches at the end of the season. He's going to be in a big dilemma when the season ends and we actually win it all. That will be a tough one. Time will tell.
    Cowher hired Earnhardt cause he wanted an experienced OC w/ a ball control offensive philosophy. As good as Earnhardt's offensive was, Cowher fired him after SB XXX in order to promote Chan Gailey.
    Hopefully, Tomlin will know when to cut his losses, in order to get a better OC.

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    I'm in favor of any offensive coordinator whose name does not rhyme with Juice Marions.
    Not even Deuce Larions? Great OC out of the University of Phoenix Online.

But if he's not available, I'd take Gailey.

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

Quote Originally Posted by Jigawatts
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    I'm in favor of any offensive coordinator whose name does not rhyme with Juice Marions.
    Not even Deuce Larions? Great OC out of the University of Phoenix Online.

But if he's not available, I'd take Gailey.
    I was waiting for that, Moose Charians.

Legend

Before we all get carried away fondly "misremembering," does anyone know where we ranked in terms of rushing and passing with Gailey? What was our records?
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Pro Bowler

Id take Deputy Dog over this clown.
    Bruce is a moron.

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    Before we all get carried away fondly "misremembering," does anyone know where we ranked in terms of rushing and passing with Gailey? What was our records?
    Sure I do!

1994 (Gailey as WR coach)

12-4, #1 rushing, #23 passing, #13 overall

1995 (Gailey as WR coach)

11-5, #12 rushing, #8 passing, #6 overall

1996 (Gailey as offensive coordinator)

10-6, #2 rushing, #27 passing, #15 overall

1997 (Gailey as offensive coordinator)

11-5, #1 rushing, #23 passing, #6 overall

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    He was the OC in 1996-1997. I did a quick google search, but didn't find the rankings.

He's done a good job with the Chiefs this year, and he doesn't have a whole lot to work with. He'd certainly have to be better than Arians.