Thread: I'm not panicking

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm not panicking

There is some cause for concern, sure, but there is no need to panic.

Consider this a preventative post.

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Re: I'm not panicking

I think our boys were a little to content with a first round bye and a home game in the second rd.

Uncle Rico

The Steelers haven't lost to a truly inferior opponent all season so I'm not in my usual panic mode just yet.

Starter

User Info Menu

NEVER want to lose, BUT...

#2 seed guarantees no Rats in the divisional round.

We don't have to listen to the talking heads drone on... and on... and on... and on... and on... about the #1 seed failures in the Cowher era.

They WILL get either the Rats or Colts early. A home team win in the divisional round (which, in either case, would be an upset) likely brings US a very beatable opponent and gives them a tough game - nice break in the scheduling for us for once this year.

Passing game looked good in spots - and it is going to have to carry us... but strong passing game, mediocre ground attack and fierce, opportunistic D (plus a Pro Bowl caliber videographer) was the formula the Pats* used for years. The same rules changes that people cite in trumpeting this years' D over those from the '70's make it so that a first rate ground game simply isn't necessary to win a title anymore.

Not happy to lose, but we didn't HAVE to have this one. I trust Coach T to fix it by January.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TallyStiller
    NEVER want to lose, BUT...

#2 seed guarantees no Rats in the divisional round.

We don't have to listen to the talking heads drone on... and on... and on... and on... and on... about the #1 seed failures in the Cowher era.

They WILL get either the Rats or Colts early. A home team win in the divisional round (which, in either case, would be an upset) likely brings US a very beatable opponent and gives them a tough game - nice break in the scheduling for us for once this year.

Passing game looked good in spots - and it is going to have to carry us... but strong passing game, mediocre ground attack and fierce, opportunistic D (plus a Pro Bowl caliber videographer) was the formula the Pats* used for years. The same rules changes that people cite in trumpeting this years' D over those from the '70's make it so that a first rate ground game simply isn't necessary to win a title anymore.

Not happy to lose, but we didn't HAVE to have this one. I trust Coach T to fix it by January.
    Now I think we'll play the Rats in the AFCC.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

No worries here. Thats all I'm gonna say about this game.
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

No worries here either. After Tennessee clinched, they laid an egg against Houston too, I believe. I feel sorry for the Brownies next week (okay, not really) because we will come back with avengence!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

I haven't pushed the panic button yet either. My main concerns are all centered at some of the bad playcalls and the pathetic play of our QB.
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jooser
    I haven't pushed the panic button yet either. My main concerns are all centered at some of the bad playcalls and the pathetic play of our QB.
    As Ben has gone, so has gone our team. The same will be true in the playoffs. Ben was terrible in the games against the Giants, Colts, AND Titans. He was good enough against Baltimore twice, Dallas, New England, San Diego, etc. When he makes mistakes and doesn't take care of the ball, we lose

Amongst teams in the AFC with a legitimate shot, I like Ben at the position over everybody except Peyton Manning... but unlike Peyton, Ben is backed by a defense that has shown up for 14 out of it's 15 contests. I still think that he can string together 3 good, mistake free games in a row come January, and I still think our D can force some mistakes out of the other guys - even if they are quarterbacked by Manning or Favre, and certainly, today's game notwithstanding, from Collins, Flacco, Cutler, et al.

Starter

User Info Menu

No panic whatsoever. They are not 31 points good and we are not 14 points bad. They had everything going for them and still were only up by ten until the interception. Glad we got that pile of steaming dog crap out of the way now. They will see a completely different team in the AFCCG, if they survive a visit from the Dolts or Ratbirds. Considering how things are working out, I don't fear the #3 (Dolphins/Jets/Pats*) or #4 (Broncos/Chargers) seeds as much as I do the #5 and #6.

Also glad that they forgot that the important thing is to play sound football in January, not December. That Terrible Towel being stomped on is going to come back to haunt them. Big time. Count on it.