Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Steelers’ defense puts Big Ben in position to win

Backup

User Info Menu

Re: Steelers’ defense puts Big Ben in position to win

Most homers will repute this article. If you are fan of the game then you will see this article as a very good assessment. Ben has not been a QB for that long. He only became a QB his senior year in high school.

Ben has good instincts and near the end of his career he will play light years better then what we see today. If you know the game and have played on any college level you can only tell that Ben is slow to process but his athleticism gives him a chance. Once he learns to process what he sees he will be AWSOME.

Even in his best year (last year) Ben got away with a lot. Last year was the first year in a new offence so teams saw something new and it takes a year for teams to study what they saw. This is why this year is so bad. As Ben develops he will again look as we perceived last year.

I can almost guarantee you that next year will be 100 time better than this year, just because Ben will learn from it.

Ben’s escape the rush and find the man down field should be the exception not the rule. But only a homer (we all are at times) will think the other way around.

Good read.
    =====================================
    Like us on Facebook - [url="http://www.facebook.com/ATCfamily"]http://www.facebook.com/ATCfamily[/url]

TonyRomo

FatBen is the only guy on the offense that truly scares anyone.
    Ward is good, but he isn't going to beat you deep. Pitts receivers
    are rather mediocre. You people act like you have Harrison and Wayne
    out there running free every play. You guys have ridiculous expectations.
    You have the toughest schedule in years, and fatben's passer rating is
    like only 6 points lower this year, compared to Dan Marino's career passer rating.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

It all starts up front. The line.

This is the worst line since the 80's.

Analyze all you want with Ben. This line blows. But I must say they have improved as the season has rolled along.

The line woes are not something Steelers fans are used to.

Backup

User Info Menu

The idea that this article is a "great assessment" of Ben is nonsense...it is nothing more than picking fly **** out of pepper.

There isn't a player out there, past, present, or future that can't be over-analyzed like Ben was here. The guy is a winner - PERIOD. The troll TonyRomo makes more sense than the article.

One thing I don't understand about some people is their need to feel guilty about something good, often to the point of being apologetic or overly critical of said good thing. Steeler supporters can often times be this way...Bouchette makes a point that Santonio never crossed the goal line, Ron Cook says Clark's hit on Welker was late, Steeler Shades wants to tell you everything that sucks about Ben. Don't feel guilty that the Steelers are the best organization in all of sports, with some of the best players at their respective positions. Enjoy the fact that Pittsburgh is the class of the league, and don't feel like you have to bring them down with critical over-analysis just because other teams suck.

Just enjoy the ride people. Ben is going to make mistakes, but he is also going to win us a bunch of games. Don't make your expectations so unrealistic that you can't appreciate what the Steelers have in BB.

Big Ben is awesome, Greg Cosell is a hack, and there is hope for the troll TonyRomo, as he makes the most sense in this thread, other than me, of course.

Pete
    It's not what you do, it's how you do it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Ben needs another ring and the critics will go away.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSize
    Steeler Shades wants to tell you everything that sucks about Ben.
    Pete, I didn't write the article. I just said it was one of the best assessments that I've seen. Perhaps you glossed over the complimentary parts of the the article in your rush to mis-characterize another posters opinion? No player is flawless...yes it is hard to believe but even Ben has issues. You can be a real Steeler fan AND be optimistic and supportive of the team AND also still analyze and discuss flaws. Just relax....take a deep breath and re-read the article. There is plenty of good stuff about Ben there.
    Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity