Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Wrestler

The Wrestler

Re: The Wrestler

Here is a good article on it by Bill Simmons on ESPN.com as well...makes me want to see it!

http://sports.espn.go.com/espnmag/st...ine&id=3773747
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

Apparently, there is already some Oscar buzz for Mickey @#$%ing Rourke for a movie about professional wrestling. Who woulda thunk it?

I don't know what is scarier... the theme of the movie or Rourke's way-too surgically altered face. The guy did not know how to stop his Doc with the knife.

Pro Bowler

Can't wait to see this movie. From what I've read, it was filmed in Jersey, with some scenes actually shot in the town where I grew up. And Marisa Tomei as his stripper girlfriend?? Whats not to LOVE about that???

Has it been released near you armpit? I don't think it's going to be released nationwide
    for a few more weeks. I already tried getting a copy, but got spammed instead.

Pro Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by Jigawatts
    Has it been released near you armpit? I don't think it's going to be released nationwide
    for a few more weeks. I already tried getting a copy, but got spammed instead.
    Yeah, I heard it was a limited release (or whatever they call it). I had planned on driving into nyc to see it last week with my sis, who was home for the week. But too much holiday "stuff" going on and we never got to go.

Backup

I have seen this movie already, thank to a website that usually posts movies before they are released in theaters. This movie is very good. When you start watching it, you think "hey, this is a Micky Rourke film". By the end of the movie you forget all about Micky Rourke and believe in the character. He did an excellent job in this movie, but then again, acting distressed and broke should not have been a real stretch for him.

Another movie to see that hasent been relased yet is Taken with Liam Neesin (However you spell his last name) This movie is great and has a good story to it. Much different that the typical stories today and really hits on todays issues of being aware while traveling. A must see.

If you want to see these movies withour going to the theaters, let me know. I will send you the link. The last thing I want to do is to post it here and make it look like I am a sponser or some sort of spammer.
    <a href=http://imgcash5.imageshack.us/img356/1595/smuj2.jpg target=_blank>http://imgcash5.imageshack.us/img356/1595/smuj2.jpg</a>
    ~Props to AS, my sig Consigliere~

"Even the strongest man needs friends.... Politics is knowing when to pull the trigger."
    ~ Don Lucchesi to Vincent

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler Mafia
    I have seen this movie already, thank to a website that usually posts movies before they are released in theaters. This movie is very good.
    I saw it a few weeks ago. Very good movie. And I think it's the kind of movie that would
    be even better the second time around. I'm looking forward to watching it again when I
    find the time.

Legend

Mickey Rourke or Brett Michaels?