Thread: NFL Coach of the Year should be Tomlin...

Starter

NFL Coach of the Year should be Tomlin...

who else is more deserving than mike tomlin? with our strength of schedule and the fingerprints tomlin has implanted on this team, no coach is more deserving as NFL coach of the year than our own mike tomlin...

with all the injuries this team has sustained, tough teams we've had to play, and how strong this defense has played, tomlin has never made any excuses and has led this team to an impressive 11-3 record..

some may say that mike smith is more deserving, atlanta's turnaround is impressive but they're not 11-3 right now...others may think tony sparano and the resurgence of the dolphins is deserving, however i do not think the dolphins have played the caliber of teams week after week like we had to do...

i know i'm getting a little big ahead of myself, we still have a huge game against tennessee coming up, but this team is in a great situation and i think our head coach deserves a little bit of credit for our play because of the attitude and preparation he has laid forth...
    "The standard is the standard" Mike Tomlin

Re: NFL Coach of the Year should be Tomlin...

I have thought it was strange that he doesn't seem to get mentioned in this contest. No doubt Miami's coach is deserving of consideration, but Tomlin isn't?

Hmmm
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    http://www.anewsong.com

My son's first Kansas Turkey!

Anything short of a Superbowl and Tomlin wont get it.
    My guess would be Sparano with the Miami turn around and the wildcat the in thing of the NFL this year along with Porter making headlines again.

Spirano or Tomlin

Honorable Mention: Dick LeBeau
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Pro Bowler
    Mineral Ridge, Ohio (Where the standard of expectation does not change)!!!

IMO Mike Smith in Atlanta is doing agreat job. At the start of this yr, I'd have bet my house Atlanta wouldnt win 3 games. I'd still give it to Tomlin though.
    http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ion1/sn1-1.jpg http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ns_44958-1.jpg
    South End Zone...Screaming My Head Off...Every Game! 111 consecutive and counting.

Backup

Tomlin will suffer with the same bias that Ben did in his first 2 years.....

He didn't get the credit he deserved because he played/coached for a "great" team.

I'm tired of this wildcat credit going to Sparano. The Steelers did it two or three times in the preseason, lining Ben up wide. Yet, since the Dolphins did it against the Pats, they get the credit.

I'd love to see Tomlin get it but I think either Sparano or Jeff Fisher deserve it.

Look at the Dolphins rediculous turnaround.And nobody expected the Titans to be anywhere near this good. I think most of us thought the Steelers were a playoff team.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by rodisgod
    I'd love to see Tomlin get it but I think either Sparano or Jeff Fisher deserve it.

Look at the Dolphins rediculous turnaround.And nobody expected the Titans to be anywhere near this good. I think most of us thought the Steelers were a playoff team.

the titans had as much a shot at the playoffs as the steelers did early in the season.

does parcels take the credit in miami?

Quote Originally Posted by rodisgod

Maybe most of us thought that we'd be playoff worthy - although many here also predicted us to be no better than .500 - but we were not even supposed to win our division. That honor was going to go to the Cleveland Browns. We were anywhere between second and fourth and probably not making the playoffs according to most media members.

If the main criteria for being named coach of the year is to exceed expectations, then Tomlin, Smith, and Sparano are the top contenders. Fisher was expected to have a good team, certainly better than the Steelers were supposed to be.